Which do you prefer 2 or 4 door Jeep?

• Total voters

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
more room to sleep in with the 4 door...... Jeep Trolls...... LOL really....
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
2 door is fine if you have no kids or just 1, or 2. It is doable with a kid or two but you would need a small trailer or at least a nice roof rack.

I am getting an off road 5x8 camping square drop trailer, with an installed roof rack.

Think about it.
Scenario full road trip: camping trailer with rack + rack on jeep. trailer has hitch too. so I can take 3 kayaks on the jeep rack, bikes on hitchrack and I still have a rack on top of trailer, trailer storage and 13cubic feet in the "trunk". Just gotta watch how you load everything and keep the trailer light, so not fancy solar panels and bunch of other stuff.
Scenario quick camping trip: Jeep and light camping gear on rack, or jeep and trailer.
Scenario day trip: Jeep and roof rack should do.

It is very doable, and for day to day stuff the 2D is so much nicer. Now if you wanna go on remote camping trips, off grid for over a week with the family with fridge and all that stuff and RTTs, etc. You need a 4 door. But most people would actually be just fine with the 2 door.

Ask yourself, what do you want to do with your jeep and how much $$$ and time are you willing to spend to deal with the space issues of a 2 door. I wanted a small camping trailer anyway, but keep in mind when you add roof racks + trailer + all other cr@p it will be much more expensive than the 4 door, and you still gotta keep that trailer light.

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We had a 2005 LJ and had to get rid of it because of two little babies. We bought the 2020 JLUR because of the ease for said kids (now teenager) to get in and out of Jeep.

Brobee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500
After owning three 2 door Wranglers, I finally got tired of going to the store and buying something and getting out to the parking lot and things wouldn’t fit. So this time I got the 4 door for extra cargo room.

It was a tough decision for me I thought I was going to hate having the 4 door, the 2 doors are more sporty looking but I’m loving the extra room. No regrets so far.
Yeah, I remember when 'true' pickup trucks only had 2 doors and a bench seat. Now all these silly folk drive crew cabs and love it.
I'm going to be trading my crew cab in for a JLUR very soon.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I bought a new 1997 TJ Sport and loved it. Drove it for 7 years. This time around I wanted a 2 door manual, but didn't want such a small vehicle for my daily driver, so ordered a Gladiator automatic. Couldn't get the thought of a 2 door manual Wrangler out of my mind, so I decided to sell my Mustang convertible and side by side and then ordered what I really wanted in the first place. I hope to see my Gladiator in a couple more weeks.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
2 door is fine if you have no kids or just 1, or 2. It is doable with a kid or two but you would need a small trailer or at least a nice roof rack.
That's a great idea! I'll have to pass that on to a buddy of mine with a 2 door JK. Anytime his 2 kids come along, he's always trying to pare down what gets brought along because of having to fold up the rear bench. If he gets a roof rack, he can strap the kids to it and not lose that valuable cargo space. :like:

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
My first Jeep a 78 cj7 Soft top and doors, will forever in my heart represent what a Jeep is. I wanted a 2 door (still do) but the 4 door is more practical. :(

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I *prefer* a 2-door based on looks and size but I bought a 4-door so I can haul my kid (and soon to be second) easily while still having all of the Wrangler-ness (convertible, off-road capability, 4x4, etc.)

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
2 door for look and originality, 4 door for room and practicality. p.s. I owned both. I really think that 2 door is the iconic jeep. 4 doors with stock rim/tires is ugly. put bigger and sticking out tires with 2 inch kit and looks awesome

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have the four door for practically, we frequently travel with family. That said I seriously considered the 2 door rubicon. With the shorter wheelbase it’s more trail worthy than the 4dr. With a 2 door I could have gotten by without a 2” lift, and added only an engine skid rather than the full underbody coverage.... The 2 dr is less costly also....

Sponsored

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 X3 M40i, 2019 M4 Cv Comp, 2013 Abarth
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
The way I thought of this is: If you are at the point in your life where you are leaning more practical, then choose a 4 door especially if you have kids. With a 4 door, you can take the kids around town and still have fun offroading. If you already have a different vehicle to haul the kids around and simply want a toy, then choose a 2 door. The rear seat is small on the 2 door and the trunk space is that much smaller.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you don't need a 4dr get the 2dr, if you need a 4dr get the 4dr!
Never needed a 4dr Jeep so 2dr is all I need :)

Oh, and no phux given :)

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I dont have kids and i could use a 2-door or 4-door for daily driving so thats not an issue..

My issue is with usability and purpose! A 4-door is perfect for off-roading, camping, overlanding, long destination trips and exploration trips where gear is required! A 4-door is the jack of all trades, master of all!

What exactly can a 2-door do that a 4-door cant?? Go over bigger rocks?? :(
Sponsored