Poll: 2 or 4 door Jeep

Which do you prefer 2 or 4 door Jeep?

• Total voters

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Ahem, attention vendors, and I mean ALL vendors.
Did you guys see the poll?

Would you please set down the doughnut and start making more 2 door stuff please,.....

Thank you
They see the poll, and the sales figures. Lots of people are clicking for the 2 door, but buying 4 door.

Also, for the JL, the 4 door was out first, by several months. So the 4 door has a head start. Two doors will catch up, just have to give it time.
Sponsored

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
This isnt supposed to be a dig at anyone or the thread starter but idk why people ask everyone else's opinions and what the majority prefer. Just pick what you like. Weigh the pros and cons to each and how it applies to your situation. The majority might not be what's best for you.

Anyways, I really dont like the look of the 2 door, its too small for me, especially when its supposed to be a truck. I know some people say a 4 door isnt really a Jeep anymore but I absolutely love it.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
I was just giving the aftermarket folks a jab.

As far as Jeeps go, I don't think they are trucks either.
Aren't they really a "General Purpose" vehicle, thus the name? "GP" - Jeep?

A truck has a bed / body behind the cab I thought,....
woops, another jab,....

Stick and move baby, stick and move,....
:)

colojeepr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubi
The whole 2 versus 4 door thing was quite the serious question around here as we were Jeep shopping. My old YJ created great memories through the years but time moves on and we got the 4 door with no regrets.

We do a lot of adventuring and take the 80 pound lab/pointer/mystery dog with us wherever he's allowed. In the two door there was just no good way to take him plus the camping stuff. Will I feel like I've sold out when I put the tube doors on the back next summer so that the dog is safe-ish? Probably but it'll be worth it to see him soaking in the open air experience as we head over Imogene pass.

We also couldn't resist the additional tow capacity which has already been used more than once.

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2 door Jeep Wrangler Sport S with a 2 1/2” lift and 35 inch tires
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the last part, but I’ll turn it around a bit by saying that if you have a 4 door you HAVE to lift it to make it look right. The 2 door on the other hand looks great unlifted.
I was just thinking that right before I read your post. Great minds think alike!

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
They are both great. I like to view a 4 Door as a significantly improved XJ with Wrangler attributes to boot. Win-win in my opinion.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I love my two door.

Well, if I am being honest, I don't really like the little steering wheel shake that I get when heading over freeway expansion joints.

Maybe the shake doesn't bother me quite as much as the stress I have when hurridly trying to use my hands to make that sign of the cross over my chest as I head toward the expansion joints.

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
2 doors... Kids are grown, no more chauffeuring anyone. Ditch the soccer mom 4 door :rock:

Oh, it's also easier to park in small spaces ;)

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I'm getting a 2-door because that's what I've always wanted and have never been much into the 4-door. I have two kids and a dog, so the practicality of the 2-door concerns me. But my wife will have a midsize SUV; she has an Acura RDX right now, which isn't very big, but when that lease is up she'll get something bigger like a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander. So on weekends when we're taking the kids places, we can all go in her car. At least that's my plan.
So a year on - how did it work out?

I’m in a similar situation. Family - 2 kids (teen and tween) and a dog. Also have another SUV that the wife drives for when needed. Would use this for my daily but fun car, as I don’t commute far.

A 2-door JLR is the one I want - really prefer the look with the top off. I’ve driven both on-road, and am fine with the 2-door. Off-road will be relatively light for me.

Would be tough, if say we head out for the day on the beach, but probably couldn’t fit the dog in. Guess we could figure it out.

I keep going back and forth. 4-door looks a bit awkward with the gear off, but no doubt the more practical.

Can I at least fit a cooler full of beers behind the back seats when they are up??

Last edited:

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
This isnt supposed to be a dig at anyone or the thread starter but idk why people ask everyone else's opinions and what the majority prefer. Just pick what you like. Weigh the pros and cons to each and how it applies to your situation. The majority might not be what's best for you.

Anyways, I really dont like the look of the 2 door, its too small for me, especially when its supposed to be a truck. I know some people say a 4 door isnt really a Jeep anymore but I absolutely love it.
In 2012, I bought my 2nd Wrangler. My first one was in 2002. It was a 2 dr, red with a manual. So in 2012, I looked at the 4 dr. Considered it but didn’t like the looks. It just looked wrong to me. So I bought another 2dr., red, with a manual.

Fast forward to the last year or so. The 4 dr has really captured my eye. Now I have a 2020 JLRU, Ocean Blue in an 8 spd automatic. To me, like you, the 2 dr. looks too small. The 4dr. has “the right look”. Funny how our tastes can change.

Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I'm curious on which jeep type is preferred more. It's not an easy choice and I've been going back and forth on what I want my new JL to be.
I also had a TJ (Sahara) and skipped the JK, what you will see (if you haven't already driven a JL) is that the TJ is the Mayflower and the JL is the Starship Enterprise. In so far as how many doors I love the U and the extra space, it all depends on what you plan to do with it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Only had 2 dr. Jeeps, going from a 80 CJ7 to a 74 CJ5 I preferred the shorter wheelbase and the performance edge of the CJ5 (but TBH I built that up quite a bit vs. the 7). So fast way forward to the JL, I test drove both but don't need the extra doors or capacity of the JLU but for those that do, the 4 dr would be the logical choice. For the improved agility, performance and what I'm most familiar with the 2 dr was the easy choice for me :)
Only bummer is the puny gas tank, that's a big negative :(

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Poll: Is this the dumbest dumbass poll in the history of all these dumb dumbass polls?

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Try putting a seven foot gator in the back of a two-door, then get back with me on that.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Try putting a 300 lb razorback and two hog dogs in the back of yer two door Tonka Truck and tell me how that works out for ya.

Am I highlighting the ridiculousness of this thread yet?
Sponsored