Political Memes

AnnDee4444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well no kidding. We beat the numbers of an aggregate that we are included in. Amazing

20200804_193326_0000.png
He's actually referring to the death/cases ratio in this quote. I had to watch it a few times to accurately follow what was being said... It's not really a straight forward conversation.

madscientist

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler WIllys 3.6 AT
Occupation
Geneticist & Microbiologist
At veterans who are tired of this crap, we know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.

Want socialized one payer health care? Any veteran who has dealt with the VA can tell you that it's not all it's cracked up to be. #seenit #screwedbyit

Want a global war machine that will go to foreign lands to secure your freedom? Disgruntled veterans can tell you that that's not how freedom works. An occupying force is the opposite of freedom. Ask our founding fathers.
Have you ever read the Federalist papers? If not, then I highly recommend it. I have been continually amazed at the amount of forethought that these early men put into designing this republic. Where we are today (vs plan) is like a different planet.

madscientist

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler WIllys 3.6 AT
Occupation
Geneticist & Microbiologist
Nah, I'm good. I will admit that I didn't pay close attention to the terms "cases" and "testing" as much as I should have. Oops. After all, Trump himself stated... well just look at the direct quote in the meme above.

Thank you for spelling this out, it is the first reasonable explanation I have seen of why we might not want more testing.

However my point was not about testing. It was about how the video references "Cases" and "Death/Cases". Now I don't have the qualifications or intelligence to comment on this, seeing that I'm not a mathematician, but I'll do a simple example:

DeathCasesDeath/Cases Ratio
1425%
1333%
1250%

See how as the cases go down, the death/cases ratio goes up? If we have artificially high cases, then we have to also have artificially low deaths/cases ratio. But Trumps argument was that we have artificially high cases AND the lowest deaths/cases ratio. Within 15 seconds, he was literally arguing against his own claim.
AnnDee, I want to apologize to you for the arrogant prickish message yesterday. My mother tried to raise me better than that. It's no excuse, but this COVID debacle affects me in a professional way and I actually feel intellectually insulted by the completely unethical way this disease has been presented to the public and managed politically (this is not a commentary on you or anyone on this forum).

The biggest problem we have is that the data is completely corrupt. This includes the testing and mortality stats. Its so bad that interdivisional consensus has been impossible to achieve. The media and politicians are feeding off the confusion and the public is scared, confused, incredulous, pissed-off and sick of all of it.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Have you ever read the Federalist papers? If not, then I highly recommend it. I have been continually amazed at the amount of forethought that these early men put into designing this republic. Where we are today (vs plan) is like a different planet.
I have. And it's really shown me how far we've gone away from their intent. I really wish we'd have stuck with Washington's advice and kept away from political parties. Which is why I will be voting Gold as much as possible. It may be another political party. But it's the only one that I have ever seen that wants to be elected to get rid of power.

Motor City Aftermarket