First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Here is a step by step install video for the all new Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
have you put them to use yet?
S2.jpg
s3.JPG

Yeah I scratched them good going through The Squeeze at Pinyon Mountain Trail and came down on them in Calico. Here is the Calico video and the pictures from the Squeeze. I'll try to finish the Pinyon video by next week.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Are these able to be used as a step too. My wife has a hard time getting into the Jeep. Was hoping to solve two problems;)

They have an optional removable side steps. So you can have them on when driving around town, then remove them for when you hit the rocks. You can see them in this video from Poison Spyder.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase

Here is a step by step install video for the all new Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers.
Have you tried cleaning between the sliders and the body armor? Is there a particular brush you use? The Hawaiian soil does almost the same thing as salt water does(yes you have to wash your off-road vehicle quite a bit out here).

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Are these able to be used as a step too. My wife has a hard time getting into the Jeep. Was hoping to solve two problems;)
If you haven't seen they just released them. Mine are on their way and I've been thinking about painting them since I didn't paint the rocker knockers.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried cleaning between the sliders and the body armor? Is there a particular brush you use? The Hawaiian soil does almost the same thing as salt water does(yes you have to wash your off-road vehicle quite a bit out here).
I dont use a brush on it, I just have a small hole sprayer that I slide in there and blow out the dirt, then wash the outside as normal. Would need a long sturdy and thin brush. If you find one, share with us. That would be some good info.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I dont use a brush on it, I just have a small hole sprayer that I slide in there and blow out the dirt, then wash the outside as normal. Would need a long sturdy and thin brush. If you find one, share with us. That would be some good info.
I found a “sponge on a stick”, but I’ve been thinking about taking the sliders and armor off to get some of the red dirt from out here in Hawaii. Just seems like more than a little bit of work to do some cleaning but I was also thinking about painting the inner panel for the rocker knockers. Has anyone taken their armor and, or sliders to deep clean the side of the Jeep?

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
So I took off my PSC body armor so get the sand from the the top edge and found a good amount of dirt that got stuck behind the armor from the last time I hit the trail out here and hit a muddy pit on the main road a few times. I was starting to wonder about it but now I’m wondering about my rocker knockers if I should take them off and deep clean them also. Just worried that rust is going to start building up if it hasn’t already started. Otherwise I think a baby bottle brush would get between the rock slider for cleaning in that tight area.
Pics is from that day I hit the trail and got mud everywhere, and it’s my last time getting that muddy.

C3D421D5-215B-43F0-B4C4-2994142DC404.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
So I took off my PSC body armor so get the sand from the the top edge and found a good amount of dirt that got stuck behind the armor from the last time I hit the trail out here and hit a muddy pit on the main road a few times. I was starting to wonder about it but now I’m wondering about my rocker knockers if I should take them off and deep clean them also. Just worried that rust is going to start building up if it hasn’t already started. Otherwise I think a baby bottle brush would get between the rock slider for cleaning in that tight area.
Pics is from that day I hit the trail and got mud everywhere, and it’s my last time getting that muddy.

C3D421D5-215B-43F0-B4C4-2994142DC404.jpeg
Looks like you had a good time, nice and dirty.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you had a good time, nice and dirty.
I should've posted what my body armor looked like last night. Took them off and there was so much dirt stuck behind it. I put some more anti-seize on the bolts to make sure i can take them off in the future. I did have to do some touch up paint both to the body armor and my Jeep since a rock got some how wedge between the jeep and the armor. Might ask Poison Spyder if they have the rubber lining and get it so there is a tight seal between the armor and the Jeep.
Also, I order a couple of the baby bottle cleaners to see which one reaches into the crevices better. Will update which one worked better since unless rust is starting to build, I'm not taking the rocker knockers off. A bit too much work.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

I put the Rocker Knockers to work in this video!

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I should've posted what my body armor looked like last night. Took them off and there was so much dirt stuck behind it. I put some more anti-seize on the bolts to make sure i can take them off in the future. I did have to do some touch up paint both to the body armor and my Jeep since a rock got some how wedge between the jeep and the armor. Might ask Poison Spyder if they have the rubber lining and get it so there is a tight seal between the armor and the Jeep.
Also, I order a couple of the baby bottle cleaners to see which one reaches into the crevices better. Will update which one worked better since unless rust is starting to build, I'm not taking the rocker knockers off. A bit too much work.
F16FDC3F-5D59-418A-A792-E0B442DD8D48.jpeg

94464B2E-9E7E-4508-BA97-286317C1A3EF.jpeg
Sponsored