Point of sun shade with sky one touch?

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Been debating, but not sure if necessary since i could just close it....i guess it’s just go feel the wind?
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
sunshade: some glare and UV protection????

It would be interesting to see Bestop create a roller shade type shade, like they did for the Sunrider product for the JK, and soon I hope, for the JL, only whose roller resides all the way in the back of the rig.

Maybe the end of the shade could optionally attach to the front of the Power Top (don't know the design well enough to say if/how) to open and close with the Power Top when desired.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Will start off by saying that I do not have the one-touch roof but I do have the Premium Soft Top. For me, the sunshade makes riding around in the Sunrider position or top down MUCH more comfortable as it blocks the direct sun off of you. You still get the air flowing around you but you just don't have the full blast from the sun.

My sunshade is an AlienShade. I have had issues with the windshield hooks loosing their grip but Alienshade has taken good care of me with replacements. So much so that I have a spare set at the house in case I have issues with the replacements they sent me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Will start off by saying that I do not have the one-touch roof but I do have the Premium Soft Top. For me, the sunshade makes riding around in the Sunrider position or top down MUCH more comfortable as it blocks the direct sun off of you. You still get the air flowing around you but you just don't have the full blast from the sun.

My sunshade is an AlienShade. I have had issues with the windshield hooks loosing their grip but Alienshade has taken good care of me with replacements. So much so that I have a spare set at the house in case I have issues with the replacements they sent me.
That's what I would be getting...I like the concept and would still get the air I guess when all doors are off and top back....but then again I could always close it with one button as having more work with the soft top......third world problems...

by the way, I would also be ordering an Alien

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Sunrider for hardtop and debated about the sun shade for some time until I finally put it up. Now the top is open 80% of the time. Don't need a hat when the sun is overhead so that's a big plus. On the down side I do miss the wide open feel without the shade... but I am able to keep the top open so much more with it on so it's a trade off.

The shade DID save me from a small tree branch that fell out of a tree (really just a twig with attitude) while I was driving under. Sound was LOUD for such a small twig, but I can only imagine how it would have felt on my head.

It is an Alien shade and it's great!

IMG_1873.JPG

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have the Sunrider for hardtop and debated about the sun shade for some time until I finally put it up. Now the top is open 80% of the time. Don't need a hat when the sun is overhead so that's a big plus. On the down side I do miss the wide open feel without the shade... but I am able to keep the top open so much more with it on so it's a trade off.

The shade DID save me from a small tree branch that fell out of a tree (really just a twig with attitude) while I was driving under. Sound was LOUD for such a small twig, but I can only imagine how it would have felt on my head.

It is an Alien shade and it's great!

IMG_1873.JPG
I agree for a hard top it's great, you can run no top all summer, sky top you could close anytime....do you still feel the same breeze with it?

I think that would be the difference between closing sky top and the alien top

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree for a hard top it's great, you can run no top all summer, sky top you could close anytime....do you still feel the same breeze with it?

I think that would be the difference between closing sky top and the alien top
The shade definitely changes the breeze with the roof open. You definitely get the open air feel... but I'm usually running with all the windows open too. My ONLY regret is for night driving... you can't really see the stars so much. NOT that I drive while staring at the stars. Much. :angel:

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Having a shade under the sky touch seems pointless to me.
Just close the top!
I feel the same way with any top. To me it looks like people want everyone else to think that their top is down or off but it's truly not.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I feel the same way with any top. To me it looks like people want everyone else to think that their top is down or off but it's truly not.
Don’t care about what others think whether my top is off or not, but I would want to keep the direct sunlight out of my eyes if possible and don’t want to get skin cancer when I’m old. Thanks.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t care about what others think whether my top is off or not, but I would want to keep the direct sunlight out of my eyes if possible and don’t want to get skin cancer when I’m old. Thanks.
Yeah! What @Arterius2 said! :like:

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I think the mere fact we are driving a Wrangler, rated the worst vehicle in every category but offroad means we don't care what others think.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I tried it, took it off. I didn’t like the fact that it lowered my headroom and at night it’s hard to see out. We mostly cruise with the SOT open at night but with the shade it darkened the views too much.
Sponsored