Sponsored

Point me to running boards, Punk'n Rubicon

TDS911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wife's ride, no offroading, stock ride height. She's 5'2, and dog also needs some help getting in.

Thinking powder coated black at least, but lost after that.

Is there a main thread on this topic? I'm sure it's been asked over and over.

TDS
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes, a lot of threads on this already. Click on the search icon, then the more button. Enter running boards or side steps, etc. and you will find enough info to read for hours, including pictures. :)

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I haven't seen one, but a few weeks ago I did see something of interest. I was at Grapevine ChryslerDodgeJeep stealership drooling over a couple of $75k Rubis, one of those options I saw was a retractable steps. The cost for that feature was approximately $2K. I don't know who the manufacturer is.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Can I ask if you plan on no off roading as yiu stated, why the Rubicon?
There have been similar questions in other forums about why a Rubicon if no off roading. The replies have included:

1. I like the way it looks better than the other trims.
2. I alway buy the top of the line trim on any vehicle.
3. By the time you buy the options you wanted on non-Rubicons, might of as well bought the Rubicon when comparing the price. (I'm not sure if that is true, but that is what some have said).
4. Resale value.
5. Etc.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I haven't seen one, but a few weeks ago I did see something of interest. I was at Grapevine ChryslerDodgeJeep stealership drooling over a couple of $75k Rubis, one of those options I saw was a retractable steps. The cost for that feature was approximately $2K. I don't know who the manufacturer is.
Here is a thread on running boards, side steps, etc. They show the powered versions as well. There was some discussion if they were water proof vs water resistant since there are motors in them. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/running-boards-what-is-the-consensus.18066/

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
https://www.rockslideengineering.com/

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
There have been similar questions in other forums about why a Rubicon if no off roading. The replies have included:

1. I like the way it looks better than the other trims.
2. I alway buy the top of the line trim on any vehicle.
3. By the time you buy the options you wanted on non-Rubicons, might of as well bought the Rubicon when comparing the price. (I'm not sure if that is true, but that is what some have said).
4. Resale value.
5. Etc.
Fair enough. I just slways feel its like buying a Ferrari just to have it in the garage, a bit of a shame, but to each their own. Enjoy the Rubicon

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Fair enough. I just slways feel its like buying a Ferrari just to have it in the garage, a bit of a shame, but to each their own. Enjoy the Rubicon
Just to clarify, I take mine off road. Those comments were from others when people asked them why a Rubicon if they don't go off road. It will be interesting to see what the original poster's reason is/was.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I just installed the Go Rhino D-6 dominators with drop step, My wide is also 5'2" and had issue getting in and out, in fact we have a Sahara that comes with a running board however they were still too high. The Go Rhino has a drop step so it gives her two steps to get in. The best part if y every do off road the Jeep the drop steps can be removed for clearance. These are the beast of bot worls meaning Daily driver and off road. Shold laso work for any medium to large dog.

Go Rhino also has two other running boards with drop steps that are a little less aggressive.

Here is my review of the Go Rhino D-6 Dominators https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...or-d-6-with-removable-drop-step-review.19359/

Step%20wheels%202%20Chrome_zpsmvwbrusx.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered some Roam Offroad rails for my Punk'n Rubi. You can get away with the body mounted steps and they should work great.
http://www.roamoffroad.com/product/roam-jl-side-armor-steps-jeep-wrangler-jl/

I also likes the Roam running boards however they are the same height as the stock Sahara and also the same height as the running boar of the Go Rhino without the Drop step, my wife being only 5'2" needs that 2nd step (drop step). If you are buying for that reason only you need to pick a board that has a 2nd drop step either fixed or removable. I was in the exact same boat you are in although we have a 2" lift with 35's so it was even harder for her before the drop steps, although she still had issues when we were stock before the mods...