Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
....so, let's say 20K for eaz of numbers.(I believe 20k to be a low number)

How long people think it will take until they recoup savings and/or save anything.

(@Sean K. This not geared towards you, just continuing your comment)
I can't really follow your logic. There are two separate and distinct points. One is the question of whether you can save money by using an electric vehicle. The other is whether you can benefit the environment by using an electric vehicle.

One user said he benefits the environment by using his solar array to power his vehicle instead of the grid. He didn't say he bought solar panels to save money in his electric vehicle! You made that up.

Both of those points can certainly be debated. I doubt buying a hybrid Wrangler will save money or save the environment frankly. But the points you are trying to make don't make any sense.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Electric cars are nothing more than an image companies sell....a culture if I may.
Funny people say the same thing about Jeeps.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I can't really follow your logic. There are two separate and distinct points. One is the question of whether you can save money by using an electric vehicle. The other is whether you can benefit the environment by using an electric vehicle.

One user said he benefits the environment by using his solar array to power his vehicle instead of the grid. He didn't say he bought solar panels to save money in his electric vehicle! You made that up.

Both of those points can certainly be debated. I doubt buying a hybrid Wrangler will save money or save the environment frankly. But the points you are trying to make don't make any sense.
The points I'm making you just confirmed and stated....

"Both of those points can certainly be debated. I doubt buying a hybrid Wrangler will save money or save the environment frankly..."

So whats your point?!?

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I haven’t read through every comment ,but I seen a few ask what’s the point? So your electric bill goes up most power plants are either coal fired or natural gas so there goes “saving the environment”. How long it take to charge? What about fuel taxes that pay for roads ? Anything the government gets involved in goes to SHIT. Good example you Can’t even buy a damn gas can now that will actually pour gas!

Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Duh... read my comment. If you're so stuck that that the gradual electric torque breaks something, a gas motor would break something as well trying to get out.
If your stuck and you keep throttling the thing to the point something breaks your a fool

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
The instantaneous torque aspect brings up a concern for me. Considering one of the reasons automatic slush boxes are better than manual for rockcrawling is because when you let out the clutch everything in the drivetrain spins immediately...which often leads to broken axles, ujoints, gears, etc.

I'd think the instantaneous torque aspect of EV could be a problem when mixed with a traditional drivetrain that doesn't utilize electric motors at each wheel.

Any thoughts on that?
Electric is as easy to modulate with your throttle pedal as any automatic transmission is. If you can drive an electric golf cart, you've mastered it already.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I haven’t read through every comment ,but I seen a few ask what’s the point? So your electric bill goes up most power plants are either coal fired or natural gas so there goes “saving the environment”. How long it take to charge? What about fuel taxes that pay for roads ? Anything the government gets involved in goes to SHIT. Good example you Can’t even buy a damn gas can now that will actually pour gas!
I have no power bill. I get paid for power. Our state, you pay extra $75 on your tabs for road taxes.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
What kind of battery is it?

Full charge in 15-45mins, wont that smoke the battery?!(short battery life)
My car will charge from 10% to 80% in about 30 minutes on a 150kw Supercharger. 250kw chargers are rolling out now, and they offer about 75 miles every 5 minutes at peak efficiency. They don't smoke the batteries. In theory they *should* be worse for the battery, but real world usage is not really proving this out. There are taxi fleets using Model S that have 150k+ miles on their cars after majority supercharging (150kw) and they're still retaining 90-95% of original battery life.

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
I don't think you're quite understanding the application. No problem though....maybe you do and I'm just not clear where you're coming from.
Yeah......it's clear at this point that you're just not getting it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The points I'm making you just confirmed and stated....

"Both of those points can certainly be debated. I doubt buying a hybrid Wrangler will save money or save the environment frankly..."

So whats your point?!?
my point is if you want to debate it that’s cool. Just try to make valid arguments. Or you can continue to come off like an ignorant douche. I guess that’s cool too. So i guess you’re right. I don’t really have a point.
Sponsored