First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Installed the Go Rhino stubby front bumper and two @InspiredEngineering cube lights with plug and play floods to replace the fogs. I had to remove the harness from the old plastic bumper for the plug and play to work, but it works like a charm by pushing the fog light button on the dash.

20190121_202812.jpg

20190121_202714.jpg

20190121_202705.jpg

How are the fogs behind the mesh grill? Do they still look as good as the oem fogs?
Sponsored

Big Mo

First Name
99ProblemsJeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
How are the fogs behind the mesh grill? Do they still look as good as the oem fogs?
I think they look and work great. There are four different places to bolt the the cubes to and with the kit they work with the oem fogs. I replaced the fogs with floods and put spots up higher.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I tried to attach higher wattage LED lights to the LED light plug under the front bumper and noticed that the lights cut out after a few second. Looks like there is some kind of protection circuit? Has anybody else noticed this?
What you will want to do is use the fog light power as a feed for a relay that then powers your light bar from a straight 12v source from battery. You can do that by: cutting off the fog light plug and using the raw wires, or use an online crimp adapter to tap into the hot wire, or find a two output pigtail to feed your relay.

Basically use this logic: when you turn on your fog lights, it activated a relay. That essentially is the function that turns on a switch to allow power from a separate source to power the light bar.

This won't harm the factory wiring, cause those weird power drops (also potentially burning up wires or blowing fuses)

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We actually have a few options that would work for you.

Our CUBE, 6CUBE and Revolver lights all have a plug and play feature for the JL and its quite popular for aftermarket bumpers which eliminate the factory fog light. As well as our Prismatic series and Black series CUBEs.

A forum member recently posted about them here

We also have a few nice 20" LED bar options. The Prismatic series and Pro series match really well with the CUBEs.

We also have 20% off until the end of the month, with discount code "holiday2018",

Even better, we have 30% off on the Prismatic series until Sunday the 23rd with code "prismatic".

All the lights are in stock and ready to ship.
Hey,

Currently looking for cubes (blacked out look) that would fit a full width rival 4x4 bumper that will be a plug and play to factory wiring…

tried clicking on your links in this message. Doesn’t seem to work. (I realize I’m reviving an old thread)

any info would be great.

thanks

Edit: seems these guys (inspired engineering) don’t exist anymore?
Sponsored