Sponsored

Plug and Play Ambient Footwell for Willys?

Rssazn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee L, BMW M5
New to Wrangler world. In all my vehicles, I'm use to having ambient lights on all the time, especially in the foot well. My dumbass didn't realize that Willys doesn't come with them so now I'm trying to see if anyone had any success with finding a simple plug and play, or do I need to retrofit its entirety?
Sponsored

r6emperor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n JLUXR
For the 2020 Sport, we bought the Sahara footwell lights and soldered a wire to the board where the pin would be on the higher trim levels. That wire was run over to the body side of door harness plugs. There isn't a plug-and-play kit for the factory lights that I know of.

It's been 2 years since we did all that work, so I don't have any specific part numbers or wires for you. It wasn't all that complicated, good luck

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
just curious; why would you want lights on inside all the time?

if i were to want lights on inside, i'd want them off before i started driving.

New to Wrangler world. In all my vehicles, I'm use to having ambient lights on all the time, especially in the foot well. My dumbass didn't realize that Willys doesn't come with them so now I'm trying to see if anyone had any success with finding a simple plug and play, or do I need to retrofit its entirety?

OP
OP

Rssazn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee L, BMW M5
Not use to to the cabin being so dark at night. Plus ambient lights help you monitor your kids in the back seat.
Sponsored