Sponsored

Plug and Play 3rd Brake Light Replacement?

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Is anyone aware of a plug and play (no splicing/cutting wires) option for the 3rd brake light? I love the ring options, but it seems the quadratec option with the y-adaptor is no longer sold, and all of the other options I'm finding require that you splice wires. Ideally there is a ring option that is plug and play out there, as I would like to eventually part out my jeep and revert to stock when I go to sell.

I am not interested in the garbage relocation kits (i.e. Mopar, Rough Country, etc.), as I don't want to have to remove and re-install if I ever need to use my spare.
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
just do the Mopar. that ring looks stupid AF.

OP
OP
A Sober Animal

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

I am not interested in the garbage relocation kits (i.e. Mopar, Rough Country, etc.), as I don't want to have to remove and re-install if I ever need to use my spare.
just do the Mopar. that ring looks stupid AF.
Good job troll, I said I wasn't interested in solutions like Mopar. You contribute nothing to this conversation.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Is anyone aware of a plug and play (no splicing/cutting wires) option for the 3rd brake light? I love the ring options, but it seems the quadratec option with the y-adaptor is no longer sold, and all of the other options I'm finding require that you splice wires. Ideally there is a ring option that is plug and play out there, as I would like to eventually part out my jeep and revert to stock when I go to sell.

Our kit uses T-Taps, when you go back to stock just unclip the Tap. The factory wiring will still work as new, easy to go back when you trade in!
www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-led-illuminated-wheel-ring-brake-light

Jeep Wrangler JL Plug and Play 3rd Brake Light Replacement? 4211-003_H_1024x1024

Jeep Wrangler JL Plug and Play 3rd Brake Light Replacement? 4211-334_E_1024x1024

Jeep Wrangler JL Plug and Play 3rd Brake Light Replacement? 4211-003_G_1024x1024

OP
OP
A Sober Animal

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

Oracle, thanks for the response - that would work perfectly. I'm assuming I don't need the controllers that are also listed on the page if I'm just using this as a third brake light?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Oracle, thanks for the response - that would work perfectly. I'm assuming I don't need the controllers that are also listed on the page if I'm just using this as a third brake light?
Correct, that is only if you are using the color-changing lights. For 3rd brake lights, it's just 2 wires and no controller necessary.

Use code "forum10" to save 10% off your order!
Sponsored

Last edited: