Plenty of JLs on lots....

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
My dealer was different, they had the JLs together and JKs together, but not all mixed in.
It was almost comical....they had some red JLs mixed in with red JKs...in alternating formation........then some whites mixed in with white JKs ...again in alternating format. All were sports...with the fugly euro-style bumper thingie.
Sponsored

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
A little off topic but Iā€™ve noticed that all of the dealerships around me (about 6 in a row down the street from my house) that until JLā€™s started hitting the streets would all prominently feature a JK or two each for a couple of days before they were quickly sold are now sitting with the same JKā€™s for weeks/months. Many of them are chock full of mods so the price theyā€™re seeking is about the same as buying a brand new JL. I would think there are going to be some smoking deals on JKā€™s very shortly.

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Yeah, they were changing a good thing (Improved IMO) but are understandably nervous about it. There are some JK owners (just a few) that just despise any changes. They're doing the same thing with the Ram 1500, as they're still going to make a Ram Classic for another year before closing down the Saltillo plant.
With day rates of about 1,200 units thereā€™s no way they couldā€™ve shut the entire assembly line down for the year it took to retool. Both for the Wrangler and the RAM. Thereā€™s simply no way to produce enough stock for a year in advance to keep selling and you surely donā€™t want to lose the profit. They ran into that issue in 2013 when they shut down Toledo the first time for the Cherokee and are going about it smarter this time to produce both of them simultaneously. Itā€™s not hedging for demand, itā€™s just not possible to have built up a large enough cushion.
Sponsored