First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
Are you 100% sure it the noise isn’t coming from the new gears? I’ve had aftermarket gears that were a lot noiser than stock. Might not have been set up perfect.

That is what I am trying to figure out today. Draining the fluid in the transfer case right now to see if there is any metal. Pulled the front driveline and jacked it up on jack stands. At 40 you can hear a vibration, but cant say for sure where it is coming from. Almost seems to the rear end. About to put it all back together and when something breaks we will all know then what was making the noise!
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
That is what I am trying to figure out today. Draining the fluid in the transfer case right now to see if there is any metal. Pulled the front driveline and jacked it up on jack stands. At 40 you can hear a vibration, but cant say for sure where it is coming from. Almost seems to the rear end. About to put it all back together and when something breaks we will all know then what was making the noise!
Good luck. I know it’s frustrating.

OP
OP
TDS

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Drained the transfer case, the fluid looked good, filtered it through some coffee filters, no metal chunks or oversized shavings, just a little bit of a metallic look to the fluid, nothing that looks out of the ordinary.

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Just a thought, but could it be a driveline balance issue? With the steeper gears the driveline would be rotating a bit quicker per a given speed and could be making any balancing or binding a lot more noticeable.

Could also be possible that one of the joints got stretched a bit too far at full droop while it was on the lift. Long shot, but could be worth looking into before diving into the t case.

OP
OP
TDS

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Just a thought, but could it be a driveline balance issue? With the steeper gears the driveline would be rotating a bit quicker per a given speed and could be making any balancing or binding a lot more noticeable.

Could also be possible that one of the joints got stretched a bit too far at full droop while it was on the lift. Long shot, but could be worth looking into before diving into the t case.
Actually was starting to wonder the same thing. Took it back to the shop that did the gears yesterday. We pulled the covers front and rear, everything was installed properly, nothing wrong in the gears. I was in the shop the whole time, they were really accommodating. So between the transfer case oil looking good and the gear swap seems to have been done right, thinking maybe it is a frequency thing, maybe resonating up the driveline. Might be a good excuse for a Adam's, lol.

Sponsored

ROCKSTEADY-JT

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Any updates? My gladiator has the exact issue.. Thought maybe it would eventually go away or break something. I've gone on long fast wheeling trips w raptors. And done plenty of trail riding/ rock crawling. No issues other than the t-case seems to make noise on accel and decel. Especially above 30mph I even split the case and it was perfect inside.

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
Hopefully a 4.88 gear set didn't get put in the wrong box/part No. Not sure where the give would be running around with close but not equal gear sets. Scuffing of tires or transfer case...