Sponsored

Please Help. JLU Rubicon LED Tail Light Guard w/Mopar Tailgate Reinforcement System?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
just curious; what is the purpose someone might want these for (if not for looks)?
are people really running around driving into things in Reverse and breaking tail lights? and are these preventing it?
Back in the day Land Rover had them on vehicles. I believe, the guards actually provided protection from shrubs & such while off-roading. These guards the way they are mounted, I doubt will provide that. So yes , aesthetics only.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
yeah, i remember seeing them on Rovers back in the day.
didn't seem like the ones we're seeing now on the JLs are offering anywhere near as much protection.

Back in the day Land Rover had them on vehicles. I believe, the guards actually provided protection from shrubs & such while off-roading. These guards the way they are mounted, I doubt will provide that. So yes , aesthetics only.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
If you love the look, it's really not that much work to trim/grind that one spot, especially if you don't experiment as much as I did and follow the lines I ultimately took. Just need a Dremel.

If I recall there might be some plastic stick on ones somewhere on Amazon that look similar.
Actually went ahead & ordered them from Amazon. Tried to install them today & guess what, would not fit on my 22” Rubicon. Removed the drivers side taillight first, disassembled it where necessary to fit the back piece of the RR guard. No go! I sat there & messed with it for a good hour. No way to get it on properly without damaging the taillight. I then Packed them up & sent them back. After reviewing the video posted. My taillight seems to have another layer of protection if u will… Just wouldn’t fit properly (flush).. oh well. I really wanted them to work :-(

Last edited:

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Actually went ahead & ordered them from Amazon. Tried to install them today & guess what, would not fit on my 22” Rubicon. Removed the drivers side taillight first, disassembled it where necessary to fit the back piece of the RR guard. No go! I sat there & messed with it for a good hour. No way to get it on properly without damaging the taillight. I then Packed them up & sent them back. After reviewing the video posted. My taillight seems to have another layer of protection if u will… Just wouldn’t fit properly (flush).. oh well. I really wanted them to work :-(
Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but I'm surprised to hear it. I have a late model '21, I can't recall reading that the '22 taillights changed, but I obviously don't keep up with that much. Do you have pictures of what went wrong/what your taillights look like now?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but I'm surprised to hear it. I have a late model '21, I can't recall reading that the '22 taillights changed, but I obviously don't keep up with that much. Do you have pictures of what went wrong/what your taillights look like now?
I should have snapped a pic. But honestly, I was so agitated that I just reassembled & split ways! Lol I nearly disassembled the whole taillight trying to make it work. No joy!
Sponsored