Sponsored

Please help! JKU won’t shift. All shift gears on.

ellysetexas

First Name
Ellyse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Hi all. I’m new here. Have a jku 2014 and my Jeep will not shift out of park. The check engine light turns on and all the lights State I’m in park, reverse neutral and drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Only thing i can recommend that might help is disconnect the battery for at least 10 min and try again.

And just to be sure, you are stepping on the brake before trying to shift right!

OP
OP
ellysetexas

ellysetexas

First Name
Ellyse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Only thing i can recommend that might help is disconnect the battery for at least 10 min and try again.

And just to be sure, you are stepping on the brake before trying to shift right!

Yes, holding Break when trying to shift but it’s locked and just started happening.

I’ll disconnect the battery and hope that works. Thanks so much.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Hi all. I’m new here. Have a jku 2014 and my Jeep will not shift out of park. The check engine light turns on and all the lights State I’m in park, reverse neutral and drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Never heard of that happening to a JL. Probably time to trade up ;)

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Welcome to Jeep! This will be the least of your problems lol!

Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
There are plastic bushings that connect the shift cable linkages. They go out all of the time on jk’s. That is usually the problem.
Good luck.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There are plastic bushings that connect the shift cable linkages. They go out all of the time on jk’s. That is usually the problem.
Good luck.
You think that would cause the check engine light and the full electronic shitshow she has going on?

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
You think that would cause the check engine light and the full electronic shitshow she has going on?
No, but here are the options on a jk. The jk transmissions are still cable shifted so regardless of the shit show on the dash there is a mechanical linkage that actually makes things happen.
On the bottom of your steering column under the plastic trim is a neutral safety switch, when that releases you can shift the shifter and that will shift your transmission. If the release signal isn’t making to the neutral safety switch then you can bypass it by yanking all of that stuff apart (I have actually seen, but don’t recommend this) and shift your Jeep given all else is good. There are also some sensors on your transmission and brakes that will help to actuate this switch. All that said if you have a crazy light show then you may want to take it in to someone. If the shifter feels overly limp or overly jammed then it could be a simple bushing.
Sponsored