Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
:rock:Haha. Well not that i hear it, I cannot unhear it!
I get that completely Mikey. It's like a fat girl on a Moped. You just can't unsee that.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Try lubing with silicon spray or 303, not ideal but helps.

Since I'm not as industrious as Mikey (i.e. lazy), I'm gonna give that a try Jared. I wasn't really worried about the creaks, but now Mikey has got me to thinking. And, that's very dangerous for me, just ask my wife. :)

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well i tried the 3M tape and that didn't help now i lubed up the seal with the Honda Shin Etsu Silicone Grease but I still have one loud "creak" on the passenger back side. Any other ideas? - I am going to lose my mind soon.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well i tried the 3M tape and that didn't help now i lubed up the seal with the Honda Shin Etsu Silicone Grease but I still have one loud "creak" on the passenger back side. Any other ideas? - I am going to lose my mind soon.
Use bulb grease. And, be sure you work it into the groove where the top of the tailgate ends up residing when you have the tailgate closed.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Use bulb grease. And, be sure you work it into the groove where the top of the tailgate ends up residing when you have the tailgate closed.
This thing is gonna be more lubed than...well...something thats lubed at lot...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, or you can get it at AutoZone, etc.. Called Bulb Grease or Dielectric Grease.

You work it into .. the deep groove. Along the whole 4'+ of it. After you work it in, wipe off the access with a small piece of rag. It does the job for months. Reapply if/when, you hear anything. Many of us here use it versus the pricey squeak tape. It does the job well.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yup, or you can get it at AutoZone, etc.. Called Bulb Grease or Dielectric Grease.

You work it into .. the deep groove. Along the whole 4'+ of it. After you work it in, wipe off the access with a small piece of rag. It does the job for months. Reapply if/when, you hear anything. Many of us here use it versus the pricey squeak tape. It does the job well.
I will use this too and report back. I hope it works! I feel like a crazy person!

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Should not be a 'part of owning a removable top'. I have a 20 year old Expedition that has a flip up window with rubber seal - never a squeak. Mine started squeaking with only 2,000 miles on it. Dealer lubed it - thought it would last longer than a week though. Now I see folks saying you have to lube it often.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Should not be a 'part of owning a removable top'. I have a 20 year old Expedition that has a flip up window with rubber seal - never a squeak. Mine started squeaking with only 2,000 miles on it. Dealer lubed it - thought it would last longer than a week though. Now I see folks saying you have to lube it often.
Agree! This isnt rocket science chrysler!!

Sponsored

scsvp45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler. 2018 BMW M3/M40i
I had the same issue and I took my salesman for a ride a week after purchase. Dealer replaced (under warranty) and it fixed the problem.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had the same issue and I took my salesman for a ride a week after purchase. Dealer replaced (under warranty) and it fixed the problem.
Replaced the seal?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes... and it took about 6 weeks to get a new one in, leading me to 'assume' it's a high demand part.
And, almost a given you will again, in the future, hear the creaking and need to address it.