First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I re-read your reply, sorry. So, they cut the floor pan above the mount? Man, that would be a tough pill to swallow if it came to that.
My mechanic went in from top got the broken bolt out and then patched it like new - the Jeep already has drain holes in it btw.
Sponsored

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Well, we got it all except for the passenger side back bolt. The nut has disappeared into the abyss, and no magnet or hook can find it. I have no options left. The body bolt has nothing to screw into. Maybe I can alternatively use a swedge type bolt to replace it? @ACE Engineering

12A1DCF7-5701-4EB9-8F7C-D864FDD1F2F7.jpeg
If possible, email these pics to [email protected] and give us a call at the shop. AJ is our Production Supervisor and has installed hundreds of Rock Sliders. He may have some pointers. 586-806-6641.

Thank you,

ACE

OP
OP
Brad41

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
OP
OP
Brad41

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
What about taking a rubber mallet to the frame around that area to see if you can jar the nut loose, listening for any vibration. I'd bet the nut just got wedged in there somewhere.

I have a USB Camera that fits in tight spaces like that. Got it on Amazon and it works on my phone/tablet/laptop. Know anyone around you that may have one? I do think the rubber mallet approach may work. Just don't get angry and hit something you shouldn't! Best of luck, wish we could help more.
Leaving to borrow a diag camera now...

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Good info. Sorry you are dealing with this. I had them on my JK with no problem. Just got a 2 door Rubicon and I have been struggling with whether to buy these or not. At $395.00 and the shipping to SC at $100.00 it was tough to decide but now that I have read a couple of threads about bolts breaking off I think I am going to move in a different direction.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Hi, don’t know if you found the channel nut yet. I ran into the some problem, a couple of taps with a small rubber mallet, found it was towards the front. I went to Tractor supply , harbor tools will do. I bought a small round magnet with a hole in the center and first attached it to a wire clothes hanger but it wasn’t long enough. T ended up using a long piece of stiff 10ga wire and got it back to where it belongs. Hope this helps
AJ is the Man at ACE Engineering!!! Real nice “good” guy

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Good info. Sorry you are dealing with this. I had them on my JK with no problem. Just got a 2 door Rubicon and I have been struggling with whether to buy these or not. At $395.00 and the shipping to SC at $100.00 it was tough to decide but now that I have read a couple of threads about bolts breaking off I think I am going to move in a different direction.
I will testify to the quality of these sliders. I have banged the crap out of mine falling off boulders and other than the coating they are perfect.

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I will testify to the quality of these sliders. I have banged the crap out of mine falling off boulders and other than the coating they are perfect.
Agree with the quality....As I mentioned I have had them on my 2012 Arctic Edition and my 2017 JK Recon. Again a "Great Product"...My point is at $500.00 I can't afford to take a chance and have a bolt break off and have to have a repair done etc...Something must be different with the bolts/lock tab on the JL vs JK even though they look the same to me. Bolts were tough to get off the JK but I don't recall anyone breaking them off. Again not a knock on the slider...

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
If you change your mind, a couple of things. I think shipping is probably closer to $70 to S. Carolina on JL 2-Door Sliders, and we do offer a Forum Discount. Together that would get you down to about $425 delivered.

Thanks,

ACE

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Agree with the quality....As I mentioned I have had them on my 2012 Arctic Edition and my 2017 JK Recon. Again a "Great Product"...My point is at $500.00 I can't afford to take a chance and have a bolt break off and have to have a repair done etc...Something must be different with the bolts/lock tab on the JL vs JK even though they look the same to me. Bolts were tough to get off the JK but I don't recall anyone breaking them off. Again not a knock on the slider...
Cool I should have known you knew that since you had them..

In my case there was loctite. I suspect some heat would have made it easier. I assume these issues are the ones that get posted and most are smooth.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Check out Loctite website mostly anaerobic products are used and they all have a melting point. The bolt will not heat up enough to cause them to bind, Melted Loctite acts as a lubricant., and depending what “ color” or number they all have different holding and melting values. There is even a accelerator to spray both parts with so you don’t have to wait 12-24 hours to cure
I have used the Quick Metel for a fix on a axle bearing just to get home. Clean it big time, spray on the accellerant and apply Quick metel and let it sit for a little bit. No more spun bearing
The website will also tell you what to use for your application

OP
OP
Brad41

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
It’s true that not all super heros wear capes. We got them on! Thank you all who replied for the assist. That’s what this forum is all about, and couldn’t have done it without you.

The diagnostic camera I borrowed was really the tool that was most helpful. We put it up in the body mount, and confirmed the nut actually still existed up there, it was wedged about as far back as it could go in that cavity. We then fished a wire coat hanger up there, and got it close enough to the hole to let our magnet do the rest of the fishing. These will be on for the duration of my ownership, as I will never touch those body mount bolts again, lol.

Thanks again, jeeper-heros!

@ACE Engineering

3A24C678-DC98-409E-996F-E17C2EE49A82.jpeg
40E80DD6-62D8-4BEC-AC70-3A3740FD894E.jpeg
EF7BE036-BEF4-4D68-809F-FE0AB5B8EC59.jpeg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
It’s true that not all super heros wear capes. We got them on! Thank you all who replied for the assist. That’s what this forum is all about, and couldn’t have done it without you.

The diagnostic camera I borrowed was really the tool that was most helpful. We put it up in the body mount, and confirmed the nut actually still existed up there, it was wedged about as far back as it could go in that cavity. We then fished a wire coat hanger up there, and got it close enough to the hole to let our magnet do the rest of the fishing. These will be on for the duration of my ownership, as I will never touch those body mount bolts again, lol.

Thanks again, jeeper-heros!

@ACE Engineering

40E80DD6-62D8-4BEC-AC70-3A3740FD894E.jpeg
EF7BE036-BEF4-4D68-809F-FE0AB5B8EC59.jpeg

I was just getting ready to ask how you are doing?

I was pretty stressed when this happened to me.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top

Congrats. I love my Ace Sliders. Love the look and the toughness. And despite lots of gravel roads (and KO2s) I have no damage to my rear fenders or door hinges. I hear lots of 'pings' as the rocks hit the sliders but even though they are not solid, they seem to block the rock slinging. Thanks @ACE Engineering ! Trying to save up the money for their trail doors.
Sponsored