Sponsored

Please give me tips to remove mud and sand from my window track.

BK from SD

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello all!

I am a first time Jeeper with a new Rubicon at about 2000 miles and I freakin love this thing. My family and I went to Ocotillo Wells Tuesday to "social distance" and we got the Jeep nice and muddy. Had a blast with really no one else out there and no traffic on the way or back home so it was an awesome day. BUT getting home and washing off this clay was a nightmare! I need your help removing clay/mud and sand from my window track. Any tips please this is driving me crazy. Here are a few pics for your trouble.

P.s. No one really Jeep waives in so cal. kinda bummed about it.

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Been there done that. This is one of the few times it’s a lot more fun putting it on than taking it off :LOL:. It usually takes twice as long if not longer to get all cleaned up afterwards. I hate it, so I tend to stay away from lots of mud like that.

now as far as your windows, once all the mud is washed off, I’d roll down your window all the way and take a wet cloth and wipe the window seal where the window goes down between the door several times. Then roll up the window and roll it back down, rinse repeat etc.

now if you are talking about the actual track down in between the door...yikes! that’s going to take a lot more steps.
what exactly is driving you crazy?

Al@OH

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ,JK & JL
Hello all!

I am a first time Jeeper with a new Rubicon at about 2000 miles and I freakin love this thing. My family and I went to Ocotillo Wells Tuesday to "social distance" and we got the Jeep nice and muddy. Had a blast with really no one else out there and no traffic on the way or back home so it was an awesome day. BUT getting home and washing off this clay was a nightmare! I need your help removing clay/mud and sand from my window track. Any tips please this is driving me crazy. Here are a few pics for your trouble.

P.s. No one really Jeep waives in so cal. kinda bummed about it.

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg
Looks like you had a lot fun. Power washer... don't blast u-joints or electronics. Local spray wash and a lot of quarters!

OP
OP
BK from SD

BK from SD

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Been there done that. This is one of the few times it’s a lot more fun putting it on than taking it off :LOL:. It usually takes twice as long if not longer to get all cleaned up afterwards. I hate it, so I tend to stay away from lots of mud like that.

now as far as your windows, once all the mud is washed off, I’d roll down your window all the way and take a wet cloth and wipe the window seal where the window goes down between the door several times. Then roll up the window and roll it back down, rinse repeat etc.

now if you are talking about the actual track down in between the door...yikes! that’s going to take a lot more steps.
what exactly is driving you crazy?
just the sound the sand and grit make as i roll up or down the window. luckily its only my driver window thats really bad. Im going outside to try your method right now. thank you!

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
just the sound the sand and grit make as i roll up or down the window. luckily its only my driver window thats really bad. Im going outside to try your method right now. thank you!
I did the exact same thing just wash it roll the window down wipe it wash it roll the window down wipe over and over. It will take a long time and then you have to detail it but it’s all worth it by the way move to Texas just about every solid axle Jeeper waves happy Jeeping:like:

2F1BB1D6-EDB0-4448-873F-BA7F4E98A250.jpeg

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...Any tips please this is driving me crazy...
Full disclosure: I’m not affiliated with anyone in the video below and I’m definitely not promoting this video, the channel or the business features in the video. However, watch the video muted and see how well the Jeep gets clean.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
After a good bath maybe an air hose down in the slit to clear anything that may have dropped in there.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Full disclosure: I’m not affiliated with anyone in the video below and I’m definitely not promoting this video, the channel or the business features in the video. However, watch the video muted and see how well the Jeep gets clean.

Those are some of the worst side steps I have ever seen for an off road vehicle!