Please donate your PPE

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Please everyone, if you have stashes of personal protective equipment (PPE) available please donate them to your local hospital. Whether they are in your home, garage or business- facemasks, shields, respirators, etc. This is no joke. Front line healthcare workers (myself included) are engaging in high risk aerosolizing procedures putting us at great risk of high-density exposure. We are legitimately running out of PPE for our caregivers.

Also, please cancel your upcoming surgery if it is not URGENT OR EMERGENT. Most orthopoedic and podiatric surgeries, hernia repairs, tubal ligations, cosmetic surgery and screening colonoscopies can wait. They use up PPE that would otherwise be used for caregivers who are risking their lives to care for Covid-19 patients.
Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Best of luck. One of my friends works at a medical office and asked all her friends to find sanitizer for them because they were down to a single bottle. We fanned out to stores and couldn't find anything at multiple stores in 3 cities, meanwhile there are people hoarding or knowingly buying more than necessary and planning on returning items once this is over. Many stores aren't even stocking them inside, just handing them out to people waiting outside as the truck comes up.

Costco just implemented a no return policy. I hope people who purchased beyond their needs donate this stuff cause they're going to be stuck with it for years or sadly throwing it away.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Best of luck. One of my friends works at a medical office and asked all her friends to find sanitizer for them because they were down to a single bottle. We fanned out to stores and couldn't find anything at multiple stores in 3 cities, meanwhile there are people hoarding or knowingly buying more than necessary and planning on returning items once this is over. Many stores aren't even stocking them inside, just handing them out to people waiting outside as the truck comes up.

Costco just implemented a no return policy. I hope people who purchased beyond their needs donate this stuff cause they're going to be stuck with it for years or sadly throwing it away.
I always appreciated Costco's very generous return policy but I think they are doing the right thing by implementing a no return policy for items commonly hoarded during a crisis. The 2 idiot brothers who bought everything in sight in 3-4 States ought to be ashamed of themselves.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...nger-let-hoarders-return-coronavirus-supplies

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
I always appreciated Costco's very generous return policy but I think they are doing the right thing by implementing a no return policy for items commonly hoarded during a crisis. The 2 idiot brothers who bought everything in sight in 3-4 States ought to be ashamed of themselves.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...nger-let-hoarders-return-coronavirus-supplies
I saw that, they ended up donating everything afterwards and are now being investigated for price gouging. But yes, I think Costco is doing the right thing as well and more stores need to adopt because seeing my healthcare friends plead for us to search because their co-workers don't have enough time to or taking time out of their day to search for hours to come up with nothing, is devastating.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of distilleries are using their alcohol supply to produce hand sanitizer because of the mass shortage and donating them.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I saw that, they ended up donating everything afterwards and are now being investigated for price gouging. But yes, I think Costco is doing the right thing as well and more stores need to adopt because seeing my healthcare friends plead for us to search because their co-workers don't have enough time to or taking time out of their day to search for hours to come up with nothing, is devastating.
They only donated the stuff because they could not sell it and they were getting hammered with negative press.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
At the hospital I see patients in, we’ve been given one N95 mask to last as long as possible, preferably a week. Just a few weeks ago we threw out masks after each patient encounter. It is a different and scary world. When not seeing patients I keep my N95 in a brown bag (helps the mask evaporate the moisture) locked in my Jeep.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Here is a positive anti-hoarding story:

I retired a few years ago from a large food bank. During my tenure, visitors from the Japanese food banks toured our facility to learn best warehousing and food handling practices. As we were talking they said that during the Fukushima disaster, they sent huge shipments of food to the crisis epicenter every day, but impacted people weren't taking the food from the distribution site. This was because no one would take ANY food until there was enough for EVERYONE.

Wonder how that would play here?

Last edited:

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
...This was because no one would take ANY food until there was enough for EVERYONE.
Wonder how that would play here?
Sadly, it's every man for himself with a lot of folks...
Got an email over the weekend from the CEO/founder(?) of Harbor Freight, giving contact info to get in touch with corporate so they could send their gloves and masks to hospitals with 24/hr emergency rooms. That will help those facilities/healthcare workers, and Elon Musk says he has a couple hundred thousand to send out, and Facebook is going to donate there store of over 700,000 masks they bought up during the wildfires. I am hearing some medical doctors say the problem is now equally one of getting the supply of PPE to healthcare as it was a lack of that equipment - some have very proficient procurement people - some not so...
I spoke to my Harbor Freight people this morning - they said the company is not shipping the nitrile gloves and the masks out to stores, but instead going to ship them directly to hospitals in need.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Facebook is going to donate there store of over 700,000 masks they bought up during the wildfires.
That one struck me as odd. Not their generosity, but the fact that they had nearly a million masks still on hand.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
That one struck me as odd. Not their generosity, but the fact that they had nearly a million masks still on hand.
Agreed. But why do people stock up on years worth of toilet paper, too? I guess I'd have to ask Zuckerberg...

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal