First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Dumb question. If I buy the 8.4" unit for $1,695 does the Alpine speaker upgrade option come with it? In other words, if I was originally going with only the speaker system for $1,295, it's just a $400 premium to get Nav, Sirius, etc...?
Sponsored

Old Jedi

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired, USAF
Vehicle Showcase
yes

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Yes. I believe its called the "infotainment group". Gets you the 8.4" and Alpine speaker upgrade. I believe it is only available on the saharas and rubicons

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Yes. I believe its called the "infotainment group". Gets you the 8.4" and Alpine speaker upgrade. I believe it is only available on the saharas and rubicons
I was just planning on getting the speaker group and using Carplay for Nav, but for $400 this is approaching no-brainer status.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I was just planning on getting the speaker group and using Carplay for Nav, but for $400 this is approaching no-brainer status.
If I were you i'd upgrade to the 8.4" and alpine. it gets you a bigger screen, nav, wifi hot spot and a bunch more...along with the alpine speakers. its $400 more at msrp. if you negotiate or go with around 5% off invoice like a lot of people on this forum have gotten its even more of a no brainer. There is a build guide on the forum that will help you see pricing at invoice for every option.

Good Luck and enjoy whatever you get!!

Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The 8.4 also gets you the offroad pages that I do not believe are available on the smaller screens. To me if you want the Alpine speakers for 1200 the Infotainment package for 1600 is a no brainer. After negotiations the difference in price will be even less

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I ordered a 2-door JLR and did not option for the upgrade system (even though I wanted the 8.4) due to the ‘subwoofer’ being in the middle of the cargo floor...I have bought an 8.4 takeout from a new 2020 JL and will install it with the rest of my audio upgrade. The rest: JL C2 3.5 coax for the top dash, JL C5 6.5 woofer/mid only for front lower dash, JL C5 6.5 coax for sound bar and JL’s forthcoming StealthBox Sub that will fit 2-door JL’s! Also will be using a JL 8-channel amp, Amp Pro 4, Metra front dash pods and 6.5 inch adaptors for the sound bar..

Had I ordered a 4-door, I might have just ordered the 8.4 w/Alpine and called good enough!
Sponsored