Sponsored

Platform other than Pioneer that is compatible with Backbone?

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Is there a platform other than the Pioneer that is compatible with the Rhino Rack Backbone System?
Sponsored

Kenstaroni

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I guess one would wonder why?....lol I'd imagine either way the answer is no. The feet mount to Rhino racks cross bars. I highly doubt there's another rack with the same cross bars.

OP
OP
jchaisson

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I guess one would wonder why?....lol I'd imagine either way the answer is no. The feet mount to Rhino racks cross bars. I highly doubt there's another rack with the same cross bars.
It's my understanding that when you use the backbone system that you don't use the cross bars are all. The platform mounts directly to the feet. The reason is because the Pioneer is pretty expensive. I'm looking for a cheaper platform.

Kenstaroni

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
It's my understanding that when you use the backbone system that you don't use the cross bars are all. The platform mounts directly to the feet. The reason is because the Pioneer is pretty expensive. I'm looking for a cheaper platform.

You are correct. Cross bars was a poor choice of wording on my end. There are support bars that run left to right under the pioneer platform. The feet attach to those. Shoot me a PM, I may be able to get you a better price on the platform
Sponsored