Plastic steering wheel...

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
One of the reasons why I chose the Sport model over the more expensive versions (other than that I like manual locks, windows and gears) is it's plastic steering wheel. I've found that a leather steering wheel's exterior doesn't last long when my hands are dirty, sandy, graveled or wet... not sure why Jeep decided to make this standard to all but the Sport. And, strangely, the plastic wheel feels a bit better than the leather one that's in my other vehicle. Am I strange?
Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I was the exact opposite... that’s one of the things I would have like to have had on my Sport, but mainly because I haven’t had a vehicle without a leather wheel in probably 30 years.

As it turns out I really don’t mind the rubber one at all- I never notice it at all when I’m driving. To anyone reading this- don’t sweat it.

azamani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
One of the reasons why I chose the Sport model over the more expensive versions (other than that I like manual locks, windows and gears) is it's plastic steering wheel. I've found that a leather steering wheel's exterior doesn't last long when my hands are dirty, sandy, graveled or wet... not sure why Jeep decided to make this standard to all but the Sport. And, strangely, the plastic wheel feels a bit better than the leather one that's in my other vehicle. Am I strange?
I thought my sport (Unlimited, S) has a leather steering wheel? i guess it just looks and feels the same as leather steering wheels I've had on previous cars. I would agree but the stitching on one part of my steering wheel has come loose and has caused the threading to unravel for a couple inches. Luckily, that's my only complain so far with my Jeep.
Sponsored