Sponsored

Plastic gear found on passenger carpet - Where does it go ??

scyan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Hi all, I just found this plastic gear on the passenger carpet in my 2020 JLUR. There's a grease blob on one side of it and the smaller gear seems to rotate freely. The gear is 3/4" in diameter and maybe 1/2" thick ? I thought it might go on the glovebox somewhere but I don't seem to be missing anything when playing with it. I currently have the soft top installed.

Anyone knows where it should go ?

See pictures attached.
Jeep Wrangler JL Plastic gear found on passenger carpet - Where does it go ?? gear1
Jeep Wrangler JL Plastic gear found on passenger carpet - Where does it go ?? gear2
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi all, I just found this plastic gear on the passenger carpet in my 2020 JLUR. There's a grease blob on one side of it and the smaller gear seems to rotate freely. The gear is 3/4" in diameter and maybe 1/2" thick ? I thought it might go on the glovebox somewhere but I don't seem to be missing anything when playing with it. I currently have the soft top installed.

Anyone knows where it should go ?

See pictures attached.
gear1.jpg
gear2.jpg
@scyan

Check the left side of your glove box. That is the gear that sees to i,t that the glove box slowly descends. It will go back into place easily.

Could be you have one in place and factory left one floating around in your JL.. It happens.... 8-)

OP
OP

scyan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
@scyan

Check the left side of your glove box. That is the gear that sees to i,t that the glove box slowly descends. It will go back into place easily.

Could be you have one in place and factory left one floating around in your JL.. It happens.... 8-)
Oh wow, that's exactly where it goes. Thanks !

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Oh wow, that's exactly where it goes. Thanks !
Does anyone know what this part is called?
I snapped mine putting in some wiring behind the dash and want to replace, but been searching for hours and can't find it.
Thanks in advance.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy