Plasti-Dip Rims

Mandy.B

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I am looking to plasti-dip the rims on my JL sport which currently has the upgraded granite crystal rims. I want to do it gloss black. Wanted to know if anybody else did it on their sport? Especially with the granite crystal. Want to know how it looks! Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I am looking to plasti-dip the rims on my JL sport which currently has the upgraded granite crystal rims. I want to do it gloss black. Wanted to know if anybody else did it on their sport? Especially with the granite crystal. Want to know how it looks! Thanks!
Don't have any pics but did that to my stock silver Sport aluminum wheels. We use these wheels on long road trips but use my aftermarket wheels/tires 95% of the time.

Here's a thread on the site that has pics of plastidip wheel sets
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/post-your-pics-with-plastidip-rims.5487/

It works well and looks good, only problem is if you have to remount your tires as that will peel the plastidip. I used Duplicolor Gloss black Custom Wrap, I think it's the only gloss black removable paint, plastidip is matte finish unless you add a glossifier. Here's a link to that paint, and you'd probably need at least 3 cans if you plan to spray all 5 wheels. And you don't need to mask off your tires, the overspray will peel off pretty easily, just a bit time consuming.
https://www.ebay.com/p/235749692
Might be able to find it at O'Reillys, Autozone, or Advance Auto Parts if you have one nearby :)

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Same here, did you do it? any pics? wanna do mine too .

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
the factory rims are painted then have a clear layer.

plasti-dip peels. little by little. been there done that.

best bet is have a body shop paint them gloss black for you, then 3m clear wrap over the black

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
do the plasti-dip first to make sure you like the look, before you commit to paint.

you may make them black and then say "aw hell no" :)
Sponsored