Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
True that. I did the same calculations.
Although I haven’t heard of anyone here in the Great White North getting below invoice pricing. So perhaps that evens it out.

You don’t pay the same in Canada! I did a compare and dollar for dollar you get a Jeep for about 4k cheaper on the build I was looking at
Sponsored

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
If your Canadian your in a different boat that Americans. Americans will get their orders for Rubicon s. Canadians won't. I ordered mine June 19th and they say It won't be made till October.... Then dec for delivery...
I'm not sure why your dealer would tell you that. I got no such warning, or update that this kind of delay should be expected. I ordered July 7. Sure, I've got no VIN still, but all Jeepchat said they were waiting for was parts (I'm presuming LED's) and then the build would be scheduled. Converting an order to a 2019 (which is slated for October) is not as easy as changing the model year on the sticker. It would require re-ordering, and FCA would have told your dealer that.

BrimmStone

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL unlimited
I'm not sure why your dealer would tell you that. I got no such warning, or update that this kind of delay should be expected. I ordered July 7. Sure, I've got no VIN still, but all Jeepchat said they were waiting for was parts (I'm presuming LED's) and then the build would be scheduled. Converting an order to a 2019 (which is slated for October) is not as easy as changing the model year on the sticker. It would require re-ordering, and FCA would have told your dealer that.
Cause FCC sucks at telling dealers anything..... I got my VIN and in D status. But the point is if you are American you get your car alot faster. You might still get your VIN soon but my dealer called FCC and they said no production on Rubicons till October. But I got my VIN 2 or 3 weeks after so maybe things have changed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubicon; 2018 JL Rubicon
I hope they have. I ordered a rubicon on June 18th, order was accepted, 8 weeks this week and still no VIN. My dealer told me this week it’s scheduled for production early September.

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they have. I ordered a rubicon on June 18th, order was accepted, 8 weeks this week and still no VIN. My dealer told me this week it’s scheduled for production early September.
Did you get a von number? I ordered 8/20 and had my vin and von on 8/22. I was still told by my dealer that it would be until the end of October.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubicon; 2018 JL Rubicon
Did you get a von number? I ordered 8/20 and had my vin and von on 8/22. I was still told by my dealer that it would be until the end of October.
Received a VIN on August 20th, 9 weeks after ordering. Haven’t received anything concrete regarding scheduling or est. delivery. So it could very well be October.

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Received a VIN on August 20th, 9 weeks after ordering. Haven’t received anything concrete regarding scheduling or est. delivery. So it could very well be October.
Mine is in D1 status now. So maybe yours is right there with it!! I just can’t wait to get this Jeep.

epd313

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
I ordered 8/11 got a vin and D1 status 8/18 I think...talked with live chat yesterday and I was told that my order is moving along nicely...whatever nicely means. I was told they have all my parts and should be scheduled for build shortly. Also not hiding my breathe. I ordered 2 door soft top Rubicon, punk'n LED lights, steel bumpers, cloth seats...of I get out by the end of September I well be shocked, but very happy!

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I ordered 8/11 got a vin and D1 status 8/18 I think...talked with live chat yesterday and I was told that my order is moving along nicely...whatever nicely means. I was told they have all my parts and should be scheduled for build shortly. Also not hiding my breathe. I ordered 2 door soft top Rubicon, punk'n LED lights, steel bumpers, cloth seats...of I get out by the end of September I well be shocked, but very happy!

Ordered Saturday and got my VIN today!

alanh2c6

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I ordered on 6/23/2018 and have been in D status for over 60 days. Every time I check with JeepCares it's always the same "All parts are in waiting on scheduling" I thought this would be fun to surprise my daughter for her birthday but that didn't happen and this is turning into a big disappointment. I am thinking about canceling but I do not think Jeep really cares.

Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Ordered mine in the evening hours of 8/21, finished building 8/31! Now we'll see how long into takes to get to CA. 4-door Rubicon, Firecracker, 3.6, auto, black hardtop/fenders, LED, steel bumpers (and other options that don't seem to be affecting build time...)

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
I ordered on 6/23/2018 and have been in D status for over 60 days. Every time I check with JeepCares it's always the same "All parts are in waiting on scheduling" I thought this would be fun to surprise my daughter for her birthday but that didn't happen and this is turning into a big disappointment. I am thinking about canceling but I do not think Jeep really cares.
I think its based on location, what is happening to you is happening to basically every canadian order. We've all been waiting.

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda neat seeing all these numbers.
Thanks

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
Ontario order here still waiting. Ordered like halfway through July.

I wonder if they are waiting til they have a truckload worth to bring over?

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Ontario order here still waiting. Ordered like halfway through July.

I wonder if they are waiting til they have a truckload worth to bring over?

I ordered 2 days before the banks closed. So think it was July 16th (roughly)
Mine was shipped On labour day, an ETA of sept 28th too the dealership.
Cambridge On here
Sponsored