Sponsored

Plan on paying the dealership a lot more - no tuners anytime soon

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
If this is true, it is interesting because dealership tools only allow to calculate up to a 35 inch tire...

Dynatrac has built a JLU on 42s and 5.38 gears so I tend to think there is some way to calculate. The Jeep wouldn't move without recalculation.
It'd move just fine - it just won't show the correct speed on the speedo.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Ok this thread and off camber is starting to tick me off.

It's not that I don't believe what he is saying I just don't like it:angry:;)

OP
OP
offcamber

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Ok this thread and off camber is starting to tick me off.

It's not that I don't believe what he is saying I just don't like it:angry:;)
I don't like it either! I hope someone like superchips has a genius working for them, but I'm guessing a lot of us are going to have to pay the dealer if we don't want to wait a long time. I'm particularly annoyed at the way that the Jeep reps made it sound like it was going to be cheap or free for these changes...

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
If this is true, it is interesting because dealership tools only allow to calculate up to a 35 inch tire...

Dynatrac has built a JLU on 42s and 5.38 gears so I tend to think there is some way to calculate. The Jeep wouldn't move without recalculation.
That's assuming that with this setup changing gears and not changing the gear ratio in the computer will still put you in limp mode like the old nag trans setup did.

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2022 WL75
I'll let you guys know tomorrow as we're lifting a sport and putting 33s on it. Plus I'm putting 33s on my jl sport on Saturday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
offcamber

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
That's assuming that with this setup changing gears and not changing the gear ratio in the computer will still put you in limp mode like the old nag trans setup did.
The 8-speed transmission doesn't work like that. It doesn't require a setting to be changed for regearing. It automatically compensates. Most likely this is what the Jeep PR people were referring to when they supposedly said the speedo automatically adjusts.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
For 10-15 minutes of work? To me that is absurd, if I had any relationship with my dealer I'd fight that for sure. If it was an hour job I'd be fine with it, but according to a tech I know it's 15 minutes tops.
It doesn't matter what business you have, dealership or otherwise. You NEVER pro-rate your first hour. Ever.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
It doesn't matter what business you have, dealership or otherwise. You NEVER pro-rate your first hour. Ever.
I did it wrong all those years I worked, most of my patient appointments were 10-20 minutes and I charged accordingly.
Could have retired at 35 and didn't know it.

Back to the subject- There is a well respected CO. that has my JEEP now for this issue. He has already hacked in, and made the changes, the issue is saving/writing the data to the PCM. He will get it done and then sell this info to the programmer companies just as he has done for the last 18 years.

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
We shall agree to disagree, I worked for a large Toyota dealer for a while and they prorated their first hour for quick stuff all the time with the logic that it encouraged customers to come back for the bigger stuff, and they were always slammed. We can debate whether that is the best method or not, but there are plenty of businesses that do it.

Sponsored

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
I did it wrong all those years I worked, most of my patient appointments were 10-20 minutes and I charged accordingly.
Could have retired at 35 and didn't know it.

Back to the subject- There is a well respected CO. that has my JEEP now for this issue. He has already hacked in, and made the changes, the issue is saving/writing the data to the PCM. He will get it done and then sell this info to the programmer companies just as he has done for the last 18 years.

This is good news. I believe for sure what OP is saying but I feel confident that there will be a way around it. It may be a situation where your Jeep gets flagged when you take it to a dealer for service, but for someone like me who is going to void 90% of the warranties with my mods the first 6 months I'm not too concerned about that, only the ability to make and save the changes I want.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

draffind

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
does anyone know what module or where in the tuner the tech has to go to change the tire size? I have my jeep at the dealership now and they don't know where to look to fix it

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
does anyone know what module or where in the tuner the tech has to go to change the tire size? I have my jeep at the dealership now and they don't know where to look to fix it
OBD port is underneath the steering wheel. I cannot fathom a dealership that doesn't know this.
Sponsored