Sponsored

Placed my order on 11/27 - What you can expect.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
You will be thrilled with how you are treated at Gupton. They do not collect sales tax outside of Tennessee residents, but they will send you a prepaid FedEx envelope for you to send them a copy of your registration showing you paid taxes in your own state.

My experience with them in October was flawless.

Nice write up, btw. I'm looking at flipping my current JLU and ordering a 22 come spring so its nice to keep up with their current offerings.
I am looking forward to meet them, and thank you!
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I did some research into Indiana's BMV, and it appears that if Gupton charges me the Tennessee sales tax, the BMV will accept proof of that and give me credit for it.

And it looks like Tennessee and Indiana have the same tax rate.

So, maybe I don't have to do a payment dance, just file the appropriate paperwork.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Wow! Sounds like a great deal! I only talked to a couple dealers and they wouldn’t budge below 1% under invoice on 2022 orders, but I also didn’t push too hard because I’m still figuring out what I want.

Might have to give Gupton a call!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Wow! Sounds like a great deal! I only talked to a couple dealers and they wouldn’t budge below 1% under invoice on 2022 orders, but I also didn’t push too hard because I’m still figuring out what I want.

Might have to give Gupton a call!
There are a few different dealerships that offer 5% or better below invoice, but they're all high volume. I get the impression most dealerships can't go that low.

There's a thread somewhere capturing some of them; Virginia and Utah each have one, as best as I can recall. Koons in Virginia.

I think it also matters how you contact them. Their internet sales people who communicate on the forum may be able to do deals that a random salesperson can't.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

There are a few different dealerships that offer 5% or better below invoice, but they're all high volume. I get the impression most dealerships can't go that low.

There's a thread somewhere capturing some of them; Virginia and Utah each have one, as best as I can recall. Koons in Virginia.

I think it also matters how you contact them. Their internet sales people who communicate on the forum may be able to do deals that a random salesperson can't.
Appreciate it! Not opposed to flying out to buy/order. Flew to Kansas to pick up my Tacoma while I was still living in Michigan.

I had heard Koons did 5% below invoice, but all the threads I was reading on it were before the Covid chaos so I wasn’t sure if the offer still stood. My local Michigan dealer previously claimed to be the largest Wrangler dealer in the Midwest so you would think they would be able to give a better deal. It’s Szott in White Lake, MI and last time I had checked they were supplying AEV with all of their Jeeps, but this was at least 6 years ago.

EDIT: But like I said, I didn’t push very hard yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Looks like you did a lot of research before placing your order. I'd also recommend looking into various state laws re: deposits & financing. Most allow for all deposits to be refundable, and I'd be very surprised if there is anything the dealership can do if you choose to refinance or pay off the vehicle prior to the "required" 7 payments. Once the transaction is complete, you're free to to do with the vehicle what you choose. To me those seem like unnecessary restrictions to purchase a mass-produced vehicle.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Looks like you did a lot of research before placing your order. I'd also recommend looking into various state laws re: deposits & financing. Most allow for all deposits to be refundable, and I'd be very surprised if there is anything the dealership can do if you choose to refinance or pay off the vehicle prior to the "required" 7 payments. Once the transaction is complete, you're free to to do with the vehicle what you choose. To me those seem like unnecessary restrictions to purchase a mass-produced vehicle.
I would agree that the seven payments are probably not enforceable. It is simply a form of kick back to the dealership from the finance company, and I am not against that since they do have to make money. I am not too concerned about the payments as I know my credit is good enough to guarantee me the lowest rate. I can alway just pay it in full and get the 5.1% under invoice as well. I am tending towards keeping the money liquid since this is a business expense.
Sponsored