• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Virginia Pioneer Touchscreen Radio

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I am selling a practically new Pioneer DMH-C2550NEX Radio. This radio is designed to work in the JL due to it having a hideaway unit and only the screen goes in the dash where the factory unit is. Some of the features are:

Car Play
Android Auto
Maestro Compatibility (This gives you your tire pressure, gauges, etc when used with the iDatalink Maestro interface - not included)
HD Radio
SiriusXM Compatible (With separate unit - not included)
Bluetooth
Three sets of 4 Volt Preamp Outputs.

The unit comes with everything that was in the box new. I am also including the Pioneer RD-RGB150A cable extension kit that allows the hideaway unit to be placed much further away from the screen.

More info: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/DMH-C2550NEX or https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DMC2550/Pioneer-DMH-C2550NEX.html

This unit is in great shape, I just decided to go with a different unit instead and waited too long to return. Bought from Crutchfield earlier this year. I was considering putting this in my other car, but I always drove my Jeep, so I sold the car. The unit retails at $445 by itself plus $150 for the extension kit = $595 if bought new. I will take $300 + actual shipping costs. Payment via Paypal.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Jeep Wrangler JL Pioneer Touchscreen Radio IMG_2518
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I have a few questions for you...how well does this unit integrate with the factory Hands Free system for calls? And according to Crutchfield's site, it says the backup camera won't work any more. Is that true?

OP
OP
xrecar

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a few questions for you...how well does this unit integrate with the factory Hands Free system for calls? And according to Crutchfield's site, it says the backup camera won't work any more. Is that true?

The radio has its own handsfree interface for calls, so you would not use uConnect anymore. It actually comes with its own microphone that would be installed somewhere in the vehicle. If you use the iDatalink Maestro interface, your handsfree steering wheel controls will work with the radio as well. With that interface, the installer can even program the steering wheel controls to do what you want them to do (within a list of functions). I have been completely happy with the handsfree functionality this radio provided.

Regarding the camera - that is correct. This radio (along with most aftermarket radios) will not work with the factory camera. You have a couple choices there:
  1. You can replace the camera with an aftermarket unit. This was the route I took. To be completely up front - the aftermarket cameras don't have the resolution of the factory camera in the JL. Having said that, do you really need HD quality for a backup camera? I mean, its purpose is to be able to help you backup, not read the license plate of the car behind you at the stop light.
  2. There reportedly is an interface available on sites like Alibaba that will allow you to connect the JL factory backup camera with an aftermarket radio. I have not used one of these, So I cannot speak to them firsthand, but I have read where some people had success with those units.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rob

OP
OP
xrecar

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Price is negotiable - someone out there wants to get rid of that factory 5 inch radio, make me a reasonable offer!

OP
OP
xrecar

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lower price - bump!

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Price is negotiable - someone out there wants to get rid of that factory 5 inch radio, make me a reasonable offer!
what did you end up going with to replace this selling unit>

OP
OP
xrecar

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX. The irony is, I also have that unit I need to sale as well. I just havent taken the time to post it. The Gladiator I just bought has the 8.4 radio, so I am not planning to replace it.

Both are good units, I just went with the 4660 to get wireless carplay / android auto. But I wont have it on the Gladiator so I guess it didnt end up being that big of a deal after all!
Sponsored