Pictures Please ! JLUR with Mopar 2" Lift & 35s

Rzrlady

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Ive got a 2020 Rubicon and it has mopar 2in lift along with 37 inch Nitto ridge grappler tires. I love the look of it. it drives great but sometimes it feels top heavy. And it feels Im riding on air. It sways a little when the roads isn't even. Any one else feels the same way? is that normal?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ive got a 2020 Rubicon and it has mopar 2in lift along with 37 inch Nitto ridge grappler tires. I love the look of it. it drives great but sometimes it feels top heavy. And it feels Im riding on air. It sways a little when the roads isn't even. Any one else feels the same way? is that normal?
Well, consider that you are riding on 37" balloons and it certainly makes sense. Also, the Fox Shocks are sprung pretty softly, too. I'm running 35's, but I wouldn't describe it as feeling top heavy or riding on air. Jeeps, being solid axle vehicles, do tend to wander a little and the more aggressive the tire, the more this can be pronounced.

But I'll let others with 37's chime in. I would imagine that a tire that big on a light duty vehicle would feel the way you describe, but I don't own or drive one, so I might be wrong.

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
After waiting on an AEV Dualsport RT lift for my JLUR since December, Ive decided to pull the plug and go with the Mopar lift. I have a RTT and carry a few mountain bikes. My rig is an overlander that does some off-roading. I have steel bumpers and a Warn Winch. Other than that, shes pretty stock.

The reason I wanted to go with AEV was to better support the weight of the vehicle when loaded. That and I have read so many mixed reviews of the Mopar lift that its hard to know if its good or not. Any concerns would be amplified with a the weight of a tent and gear.

In planning for my AEV lift, I added the following to the build. It's all ready to go and will use it for the Mopar lift.

Tereflex Monster adjustable track bar
Synergy heavy duty tie rod
Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
Synergy Jeep JL Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
Rancho Rear Adjustable Track Bar
Rancho Rear track bar relocation bracket

I will be running AEV Savegre II rims with BFG 35" tires.

I'll use the Mopar lower control arms provided with the kit for now. Maybe update to relocation brackets and/or adjustble lower control arms if needed. I figure with my vehicle weight i'll net closer to the 2" lift and be ok?

Anyone running a similar build. Ideally with a tent and gear like I will have. How bad is the body roll? Will this really drive like stock in my situation?

Thanks guys!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After waiting on an AEV Dualsport RT lift for my JLUR since December, Ive decided to pull the plug and go with the Mopar lift. I have a RTT and carry a few mountain bikes. My rig is an overlander that does some off-roading. I have steel bumpers and a Warn Winch. Other than that, shes pretty stock.

The reason I wanted to go with AEV was to better support the weight of the vehicle when loaded. That and I have read so many mixed reviews of the Mopar lift that its hard to know if its good or not. Any concerns would be amplified with a the weight of a tent and gear.

In planning for my AEV lift, I added the following to the build. It's all ready to go and will use it for the Mopar lift.

Tereflex Monster adjustable track bar
Synergy heavy duty tie rod
Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
Synergy Jeep JL Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
Rancho Rear Adjustable Track Bar
Rancho Rear track bar relocation bracket

I will be running AEV Savegre II rims with BFG 35" tires.

I'll use the Mopar lower control arms provided with the kit for now. Maybe update to relocation brackets and/or adjustble lower control arms if needed. I figure with my vehicle weight i'll net closer to the 2" lift and be ok?

Anyone running a similar build. Ideally with a tent and gear like I will have. How bad is the body roll? Will this really drive like stock in my situation?

Thanks guys!
I'm on the original Mopar lift. Version 1. No regrets, at all. It has been simply outstanding. I wouldn't change a thing. Especially the shocks. It'll be on its second mission to Moab in about a week. I've got the money to swap it out, if I want. Not a chance.

I think you'll like it. I would recommend the Rock Krawler spring pads, though. I also put adjustable track bars on it to slightly center the axles, although they weren't off by much.

Hope that helps!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Love those wheels with the Granite Crystal. Wow!
Thanks! They had bronze too, which would of looked good too, but this was a safer bet.

itching for 37s, don’t know if I should do it

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Mopar 2" and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35's. Do your research. I'm finding that the Mopar lift is incomplete and I just spent an additional $800 I'm parts to try and get it corrected.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures Please ! JLUR with Mopar 2" Lift & 35s 3A5CCF4C-F5D0-4AA2-A200-E8E9606CF5DE
I have the 35 Ridge Grapplers - use mine as daily driver and moderate off roading - tires are amazing in the snow and quiet on the highway

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Rubicon Mopar 2.0 Lift and Toyo Open country 35's Vapor Fuel Wheels

20210319_105627.jpg

freaknasty

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willy's Unlimited Extreme Recon Package
Occupation
I'm, "That Guy"
I didn’t go with the Rubicon model but opted for the Willy’s Extreme Recon package 35’s. Really happy. I’ve put in Rear Eaton E Locker. I was getting ready to contact my local 4WP and found they sold to company called Toys For Trucks. Lol what a joke quoted me 3000 for a front locker.
Personally I think 35’s are good enough. I have 4.56 gears. My opinion is subjective. Get what makes you happy
Sponsored