Pictures of powder coated lift kits/Accessories on your JL

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Been debating on powder coating my lift kit that's en route to add some more color, anyone have pictures of what they have done to there Jeep?
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
As far as undercarriage accessories go, I had my red Rancho rear LCA skids powdered coated black-I am going for the 'understated look.' I also ordered the all black Steer Smarts trackbar in lieu of the red/black combo...However, I chose Bikini Pearl for exterior which is anything but understated!

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of powder coated lift kits/Accessories on your JL IMG_1018
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of powder coated lift kits/Accessories on your JL IMG_1029

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of powder coated lift kits/Accessories on your JL IMG_1186

OP
OP

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
As far as undercarriage accessories go, I had my red Rancho rear LCA skids powdered coated black-I am going for the 'understated look.' I also ordered the all black Steer Smarts trackbar in lieu of the red/black combo...However, I chose Bikini Pearl for exterior which is anything but understated!
I can't say I would be going for more color if I had the Bikini also! I have the Granite, been going for a kind of gold secondary color, but not overdone.

Wheels, D-rings, and the lift kit coils, track bar, tie rod is what I planned on getting done, I have found a few photos of jeeps with it done, but haven't seen anyone on here do it/post it.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I can't say I would be going for more color if I had the Bikini also! I have the Granite, been going for a kind of gold secondary color, but not overdone.

Wheels, D-rings, and the lift kit coils, track bar, tie rod is what I planned on getting done, I have found a few photos of jeeps with it done, but haven't seen anyone on here do it/post it.

That color combo sounds awesome!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Just as a heads up. Some companies, like metalcloak, warn against powder coating their springs because of the heat involved in that process. It can potentially harden the steel enough to affect the spring rate and/or even make them prone to stress cracking.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Just as a heads up. Some companies, like metalcloak, warn against powder coating their springs because of the heat involved in that process. It can potentially harden the steel enough to affect the spring rate and/or even make them prone to stress cracking.
Yeah after more research I have found some people suggesting this, but have not found anyone who actually suffered any problems.

Still couple weeks till I decide if I am going to do them or not, so I'll keep researching, thanks :)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah after more research I have found some people suggesting this, but have not found anyone who actually suffered any problems.

Still couple weeks till I decide if I am going to do them or not, so I'll keep researching, thanks :)
I think a lot of those Sema builds with powder coated springs are prioritizing flash over function and longevity.

I have seen some builds that have accent colored steering linkages, control arms, track bars, and sway links. Springs and shocks were left as bought and the rest of the bottom was black as usual. One that pops to mind had a black front diff cover because the steering brought enough color but an accent color matched rear diff to balance out the back. Had enough pizazz without looking like Miami Beach. Sorry Florida, but you know I'm right.

OP
OP

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I think a lot of those Sema builds with powder coated springs are prioritizing flash over function and longevity.

I have seen some builds that have accent colored steering linkages, control arms, track bars, and sway links. Springs and shocks were left as bought and the rest of the bottom was black as usual. One that pops to mind had a black front diff cover because the steering brought enough color but an accent color matched rear diff to balance out the back. Had enough pizazz without looking like Miami Beach. Sorry Florida, but you know I'm right.
Yeah I plan on doing the steering components and linkage etc, I am leaving the fox shocks alone but the springs is what I have been concerned about, I might just leave them black and do the rest.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, AEV paints their wheels. GenRight sells alum. products raw. The heat process isn't good for Aluminum they say.
I'm no authority on the various heat applied final coatings, but I've done a lot of prototype machining of parts and tooling. I once did a sample run of aluminum parts that were functional components in an industrial barcode scanning device. A specific grade of aluminum and the resources needed for salt water anodizing were provided. I had to run multiple batches at different bathing durations that garnered different hardnesses, so the company could do their own testing and set up for mass production.

I wouldn't have been able to work the material as needed if it were at the final level of hardness.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I plan on doing the steering components and linkage etc, I am leaving the fox shocks alone but the springs is what I have been concerned about, I might just leave them black and do the rest.
I know I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Sponsored