PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE:

RubiconOO7

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2015 BMW X5M
There are a couple of small differences from MY2022 to MY2023. That I know of so far:

-LED Headlights (center section) are Black on '23 .vs Silver on '22
-The USA Flag in front of "Wrangler" under the "JEEP" emblem on the front fenders
-Rubicon Speedo and Tach gauges are Orange on '23 .vs Red on '22
-One Instrument panel dial on '23 .vs two on '22
-I think I'd seen something with the LED Taillights being different, but don't recall what it was
-Extreme Recon Bead-Lock rings have fewer bolts on the later '23 models (seems to be hit or miss)

Regardless, I love my new Jeep. First time Jeep owner! :):flag:

Jeep Wrangler JL PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE: IMG_7276
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
There are a couple of small differences from MY2022 to MY2023. That I know of so far:

-The USA Flag in front of "Wrangler" under the "JEEP" emblem on the front fenders
-I think I'd seen something with the LED Taillights being different, but don't recall what it was
-Extreme Recon Bead-Lock rings have fewer bolts on the later '23 models (seems to be hit or miss)

Jeep Wrangler JL PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE: IMG_7276
Can u post a pic of ur dash please. I didnt know they changed them. I have a punkin rubi xr ordered and plan on painting the dash as soon as i get it home

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)

Also, the new crash beam/brace that was added to the passenger-side wheel well (though I think this was added to some late '22 models). Stock wheels are also changed, with the 4xe wheel now being standard and the old Rubicon wheel being a $1200 option. And besides going to the standard orange gauge cluster, they also decided to use the lower-RPM tachometer from the 2.0T for the v6 (6k to 5k, though it still hits the higher RPM). Engine cover was also deleted from the v6, though this started happening with mid to late '22 models (some also had missing hoodliners, but I don't believe this was intentional).

RubiconOO7

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2015 BMW X5M
'23 Dash / Orange Speedo/Tach Needles. It was mentioned that the V6 Tach only went to 5K .vs 6K, but checked mine shows 7K. Also noticed this in the Build Sheet, which don't know if it has anything to do with the Orange Needles .vs the previous Red:
"REDICAL" INSTRUMENT PANEL BEZELS
Jeep Wrangler JL PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE: IMG_7280

'23 Black LED Headlight Center
Jeep Wrangler JL PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE: IMG_7293

'23 No Engine Cover
Jeep Wrangler JL PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE: IMG_7286

I have the under-hood insulator. Don't know if it's different or not, but I think the Negative Battery cable is different than some I've seen, as it appears it comes from the Battery to the side of the engine compartment and then several cables come from there...

Can u post a pic of ur dash please. I didnt know they changed them. I have a punkin rubi xr ordered and plan on painting the dash as soon as i get it home

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
The LED headlights on my wife's 2023 JLU suck compared to the LED lighting on my 2022 JT.
Totally different cut-off and on my 2022 you can really tell when you are on high beam. On hers, there's hardly any difference between low and high beam.

Also, the new crash beam/brace that was added to the passenger-side wheel well (though I think this was added to some late '22 models).
Yes, those appeared on the JT in spring of 2022, my June build had them so I have to assume they were installed on the mid-2022 JL as well.

Reactions: AFD

FINN 2.0

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR. 1979 Ford 150.

Jeep Wrangler JL PICTURES OF NEW 2023 RUBICONS HERE: IMG_7286
Are those fender side extensions aftermarket, if so, who makes them?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
The LED headlights on my wife's 2023 JLU suck compared to the LED lighting on my 2022 JT.
Totally different cut-off and on my 2022 you can really tell when you are on high beam. On hers, there's hardly any difference between low and high beam.
I still like mine and they're quite an improvement over the fairly decent aftermarket LEDs I installed on my last car, but yeah, the high beams aren't all that impressive. They definitely shine out quite a ways, but I'm used to high beams being notably brighter than lows, and on my '23 JL the highs seem a bit dimmer for some reason (even comparing with the fogs off, since they shut off w/highs).
Sponsored