Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
It's a stove pipe, got the stove and a fold up backpacking stove. I added a floor mat and welding cloth on the wall
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep IMG_5670.JPG
Wow. That’s what I was wondering! I bet that does keep it nice and toasty in there! I’d be afraid the heat would melt the tent haha. Very ingenious.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just got one that I will test out this weekend along Lake Huron. We have a good chance of rain our first day, so I'm hoping it does well with that too.
With all the different ways you can configure it, I think it should be pretty versatile for rain! Good luck!

Also, love your username. Geology puns rock.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

Drove from AL to Maine to Acadia for the week. Stopped on the way up at the Clarksboro NJ KOA for the night. Very nice spot.

at Blackwoods Campground in Acadia for the week. If I ever did this trip again, I think I would stay at one of the private campgrounds and not blackwoods.

On the way back, a short stay at Otter Creek campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway close to Bedford VA. One of the neatest little campgrounds I’ve stayed at. Woke up to so many birds singing!
What did you not like about Blackwoods? We stayed at Mount Desert Campground in 2019 and were looking at Blackwoods for this fall. We really liked Mount Desert Campground but they are booked for the year.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I was a Yooper from 86-90, beautiful place
I took up the Yooper mantle from 1990-96. lol

It's got it's charms, but I'm not a fan of the weather. I only go back because the parents are out there. :dunno:

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. That’s what I was wondering! I bet that does keep it nice and toasty in there! I’d be afraid the heat would melt the tent haha. Very ingenious.
I did melt the floor the first time but there are vents that keep the airflow so it hasnt been a problem, the floor mat is from REI for a fire pit. It is warm like a house inside really nice.

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
What did you not like about Blackwoods? We stayed at Mount Desert Campground in 2019 and were looking at Blackwoods for this fall. We really liked Mount Desert Campground but they are booked for the year.
I think it just depends on what kind of vacation you want. The Bar Harbor side of the island was so busy with so many people and so much traffic. Riding around it looked to me like there were several other private campgrounds that offered more amenities and were closer to the park loop rd. Only maybe half of the sites and bathrooms in Blackwoods are open for this year. The grass needed cutting pretty badly. The site I was on was on a hill so my tent (and bed) was not level...when there were much better sites that had been roped off and were not being used because of "covid" (the hill was not visible in the pics on recreation.gov). If I stayed at a nps campground again in Acadia, I would choose Seawall Campground. It is on the quieter side of the island and closer to Seal Cove which is where the locals watch the sunset. Just my personal preference - Blackwoods gets pretty high reviews on recreation.gov.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I think it just depends on what kind of vacation you want. The Bar Harbor side of the island was so busy with so many people and so much traffic. Riding around it looked to me like there were several other private campgrounds that offered more amenities and were closer to the park loop rd. Only maybe half of the sites and bathrooms in Blackwoods are open for this year. The grass needed cutting pretty badly. The site I was on was on a hill so my tent (and bed) was not level...when there were much better sites that had been roped off and were not being used because of "covid" (the hill was not visible in the pics on recreation.gov). If I stayed at a nps campground again in Acadia, I would choose Seawall Campground. It is on the quieter side of the island and closer to Seal Cove which is where the locals watch the sunset. Just my personal preference - Blackwoods gets pretty high reviews on recreation.gov.
Thank you for the information, we prefer to be in the park hiking, cycling, etc. Mount Desert Campground was about 10-15 minutes from Cadillac Mountain, Park Loop Rd. When we were there in 2019, we went over to Schoodic peninsula which is not as busy as the main park.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I did melt the floor the first time but there are vents that keep the airflow so it hasnt been a problem, the floor mat is from REI for a fire pit. It is warm like a house inside really nice.
Hmmm. You’ve given me ideas. Not so opposed to cold weather camping with this idea. Definitely will look into a setup similar
To this. Thanks!

Reactions: ML7

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Camping location no where near as nice as most of the pictures here, but we spent a long weekend in a county park campground on Lake Huron visiting some of my wife's family. Skinny sites, but at least our spot had some trees for shade. Kid #3 insisted on being part of the picture.

CjVyIm-WJrb2t0x?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It does not compare to many of the awesome locations I see in this thread, but we did stay on Mt. Desert Island and enjoyed Acadia for several days over the July 4th weekend. Hotels were getting $500+ a night for the few rooms available so we reserved a spot at Bass Harbor Campground - way down on the 'quiet side'.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1626099705542

The sites can be a little close together but that is sort of typical for many private campgrounds I've seen. Everyone respected quiet hours and we had a great time.
Sponsored