First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The 1800lb dry weight of the Cricket would be close but the loaded weight would be over. Have you looked at the Tiget Moth?

I am in a similar boat as you though, I would love to have the Mantis but it is a little too much for the 4 door. The Gladiator towed the Dawn fine except for gas mileage that could not be explained or resolved, which was one of the reasons to go back to the Wrangler. 6-8MPG was not worth it when the Wrangler could tow the Dawn at 11-14 MPG. You could tell the Dawn was at the limit of the Wrangler.
I'll be sitting closer to 1200-1500 with the Out of Bounds Trailers "Day Out" like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1620392861831

To be honest, I am not sure pushing the 2000lb limit with such a short wheelbase and softly sprung tow vehicle will end well.

Will see how things balance out when loaded down.

The bonus for me is that I'll also have a utility trailer when needed.
Sponsored

MarioC

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU RUBICON
Well, picked it up on Friday and trying to get some camp grounds booked in to try it out. It tows quite well. Cant wait to get out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep camper jee

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Roughed it enough my first 60 years. Now taking it easy but still with a Jeep!
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep Image-6_kindlephoto-532106473

Sponsored

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Just a bit but the Ram 3500 pulls like a champ. We just sold the 5th Wheel shopping for a diesel pusher that can pull the new 4xe at nearly 6000lbs
Just be sure to put the Jeep in neutral and not 4 low. :bandit:

This is the setup my wife wants. It's going to have to wait until we retire or sell the house.

I plan to tour the country like this one day. :fingerscrossed:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Just be sure to put the Jeep in neutral and not 4 low. :bandit:

This is the setup my wife wants. It's going to have to wait until we retire or sell the house.

I plan to tour the country like this one day. :fingerscrossed:
We sold the Montana 3791RD 5er at 41' hard to find places to camp here in the PNW. Plus we like to off road and explore in the wrangler. So to avoid the wife having to follow in the Wrangler we are shopping for a Diesel Pusher currently. Also prior to the 5th Wheel had a 2017 Gas Bounder 35'. Towing my 2018 JL at 4800lbs 4.9mpg. Way to expensive. Hoping to double that (or close to) with the DP. Now way I would buy a Gasser again. Loved the room though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep Ram-Montana

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
I just installed my GFC Superlite RTT on my 2door JL with Gobi Rack. Did a short weekend in Malibu camping and I'm super happy with it. We had 55+mph gust winds and held up better than my other tents. Transition from two different Tepui models. Can't wait to go overlanding with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1621350761778
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1621350761778
Wow! You got your Superlite so fast! Looks great. Still waiting on mine. How has it been?

Also, how are you mounting your rotopax on your spare like that?
Sponsored