Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Will start with Grayling, MI last fall
IMG_3335.jpg

Next, got way off the beaten path on lake Superior.
IMG_3498.jpg

Then spent the winter camping between Grayling and Cadillac, MI so my son and I could enjoy the snowfall and get in some snowboarding.
IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

Next, hoping to get out west and work out of the rig for a while...
Great pics, never know you might run across me sometimes out in the woods. We camp in northern Michigan often.
Sponsored

picassov7

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Great pics, never know you might run across me sometimes out in the woods. We camp in northern Michigan often.
Looking forward to it! Be well and enjoy the beautiful spring we are having!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Pictures of camping with your Jeep

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep hotel

This is how my wife likes to camp.

Sponsored

picassov7

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Anyone running a sleep system in their Jeep? I’m 6’2” and wondering how plausible it’s be for short trips.
I built a sleeping/storage platform in my JLUR. I wanted something that I could use to stealth when I needed it or for me and the dog to sleep when the wife and boy are with us (they get the Ursa Minor pop up.

I am 5’11” and just barely fit. Especially with a sleeping pad down that curls up a bit. I measured 70” of useable space head to toe. I suppose you would need to be slightly diagonal to fit comfortably.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 3E7CCF9A-EEBF-4F56-B43E-D6D1C4CDD86F

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep E8A99BFB-426E-4901-AD58-F3EBC82F22DC

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 9F6D8DCF-2BC5-47A3-94E7-DAABD05FEAC8
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep F48BA8F5-0CAE-4BDA-9184-2980C1739C97

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 5C4D55EA-7DB3-417E-AA9D-38276F50446A

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I built a sleeping/storage platform in my JLUR...
I'm envisioning something similar but maybe a little bit lower, so I could sit up and read if I need to. I'm taller so this might be a challenge, but I don't usually sleep stretched out completely straight.

picassov7

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I'm envisioning something similar but maybe a little bit lower, so I could sit up and read if I need to. I'm taller so this might be a challenge, but I don't usually sleep stretched out completely straight.
Yeah, that is one of the downsides. However, I can kick back in the 40% seat with my feet up on the platform and be pretty comfortable. Also, when in camp and with the Ursa Minor popped up then I can remove the interior panels and sit on the platform with my back to the passenger seat. Fully recognize that is specific to my setup. I think it would definitely be more versatile with a lower platform, but I wanted to go with more covered storage.

Sponsored

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
it has it's place. Funny thing is we started with tents.....and now im trying to go back to them a bit.
We are the same way although the tent part will usually be me solo. We purchased an RPOD trailer that will be good for the way we are camping these days.
Sponsored