Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Camped all weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1616951696363

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1616951761398

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1616951827730

Recently bought a Jackery 1000 with the two 100 watt solar panels. The Jackey made all the coffee, and powered the microwave for 25 minutes of reheating time. Sausage gravy re-heated for 10 minutes each morning and a mashed potatoes for 5 minutes. The inverter is rated at 1000 watts, but I saw it showing 1380 watts out at one time with out shutting down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1616951875663

How I start a fire with wet wood. It rained all night. The sound of the rain on the camper was awesome. Out came the flame thrower to get us some fire to enjoy our morning coffee.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 1616952407734
Sponsored

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
Camped all weekend.

Recently bought a Jackery 1000 with the two 100 watt solar panels. The Jackey made all the coffee, and powered the microwave for 25 minutes of reheating time. Sausage gravy re-heated for 10 minutes each morning and a mashed potatoes for 5 minutes. The inverter is rated at 1000 watts, but I saw it showing 1380 watts out at one time with out shutting down.

How I start a fire with wet wood. It rained all night. The sound of the rain on the camper was awesome. Out came the flame thrower to get us some fire to enjoy our morning coffee.

Rain on a camper roof is very calming! That jackery is sounding pretty tempting!!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Rain on a camper roof is very calming! That jackery is sounding pretty tempting!!
I found also that I can flip the switches off that don't need to be on and save some of the Jackery charge. For instance, I do not need to power the camper inverter and charge the camper batteries while the Jackery is hooked to the camper, nor do I need to power everything else. Just need the microwave fuse hot.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Camped all weekend.

Not to change the topic from the Jackery, but I see the E-Pro and the Tag. My wife and I have been talking about getting a teardrop. How have those been on camping trips?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Not to change the topic from the Jackery, but I see the E-Pro and the Tag. My wife and I have been talking about getting a teardrop. How have those been on camping trips?
I have towed the E-Pro over 17,000 miles last year. It has been all over the country. I love it. It is packed with feature. The longest trip was 5700+miles over 16 days of continuous camping. We primarily boondocks camp or use rustic sites. I paid $9,900 for the camper. It has 22 gallons of fresh water, a sink with a sprayer, microwave, fridge, 1000 watt inverter, two deep cycle batteries, a queen bed, TV/DVD player, stereo, wifi amplifier, digital tv antenna, air-conditioning, heat, and is wired for cable TV and solar, a roof rack and a bike rack. There is my wife and I using this on %95 of the camping trips. I removed the air-conditioner/heater. In its place, I installed a Maxxfan and use a heated blankets for the cold nights. We have camped down to 2 degrees in the winter. I also removed the Fridge as I carry a fridge in the Jeep.

My bud has the Tag. He loves that. It has a King size bed, and some more options that the E-Pro does not have. It was basically $25,000 so It was way more expensive. He has a nicer fridge, a two burner stove, water tank, I think it is 14 gallons, tv, no microwave, sink, under bed storage, a sky window, front rack, roof rack, a small air conditioner, no heat though. Basically it is wider with a bigger bed and a cool window. He travel with us often and has done extended camping with his also.

Both have served us well. We pull them down the trail, set up base camp and then go wheel.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I have towed the E-Pro over 17,000 miles last year. It has been all over the country. I love it. It is packed with feature. The longest trip was 5700+miles over 16 days of continuous camping. We primarily boondocks camp or use rustic sites. I paid $9,900 for the camper. It has 22 gallons of fresh water, a sink with a sprayer, microwave, fridge, 1000 watt inverter, two deep cycle batteries, a queen bed, TV/DVD player, stereo, wifi amplifier, digital tv antenna, air-conditioning, heat, and is wired for cable TV and solar, a roof rack and a bike rack. There is my wife and I using this on %95 of the camping trips. I removed the air-conditioner/heater. In its place, I installed a Maxxfan and use a heated blankets for the cold nights. We have camped down to 2 degrees in the winter. I also removed the Fridge as I carry a fridge in the Jeep.

My bud has the Tag. He loves that. It has a King size bed, and some more options that the E-Pro does not have. It was basically $25,000 so It was way more expensive. He has a nicer fridge, a two burner stove, water tank, I think it is 14 gallons, tv, no microwave, sink, under bed storage, a sky window, front rack, roof rack, a small air conditioner, no heat though. Basically it is wider with a bigger bed and a cool window. He travel with us often and has done extended camping with his also.

Both have served us well. We pull them down the trail, set up base camp and then go wheel.
We've been researching teardrops and similar for a while now and it seems that very few can be bought without a year or two lead time. Both the Tag and E-Pros seem to be exceptions based on what we're seeing online.

The weather Saturday was great so we decided to take a 5 hour (round trip) drive to Columbus Ohio to look at some Tags. Though their website listed several, they only had one on the lot and the lady couldn't open the galley for some reason. Not being able to physically see them makes it tough to decide.

Thank you. That information is helpful.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Camped all weekend.

buddy of mine has a torch like that.... we used it to burn pallet wood that we put on the wall in my garage.... you talk about balls of steel he burned the wood while on the wall and didnt burn the house down LOL. needless to say i couldnt watch lol

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
buddy of mine has a torch like that.... we used it to burn pallet wood that we put on the wall in my garage.... you talk about balls of steel he burned the wood while on the wall and didnt burn the house down LOL. needless to say i couldnt watch lol
That is brave. That torch will burn wet wood. It will boil the water out of the wood and then start the wood on fire.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
maiden voyage for the ikamper in GWNF this weekend

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep xHMVEnr

Kodiak nested himself in
I will not be showing the above picture to my wife. She is wanting a dog to go camping with us. While I love dogs, I know that it will be 100% my responsibility to take care of her dog.

By the way cute dog....

Sponsored

Lil Red

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone running a sleep system in their Jeep? I’m 6’2” and wondering how plausible it’s be for short trips.
I am 6'0" and tried the DeepSleep mattress. I did not care for it. I barely fit length wise and then you don't have much head room.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I am 6'0" and tried the DeepSleep mattress. I did not care for it. I barely fit length wise and then you don't have much head room.
I'm thinking about trying something like this. I think its dimensions are just about right for the back of the JLU and it might not even need to be trimmed. It could be left spread out or it could be folded up to leave more room for gear while traveling (I notice some people put some of their gear on the front seats at night to free up a little room for sleeping).

https://www.amazon.com/Nutan-3-Inch...ywords=memory+mattress&qid=1616903125&sr=8-21

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm thinking about trying something like this. I think its dimensions are just about right for the back of the JLU and it might not even need to be trimmed. It could be left spread out or it could be folded up to leave more room for gear while traveling (I notice some people put some of their gear on the front seats at night to free up a little room for sleeping).

https://www.amazon.com/Nutan-3-Inch...ywords=memory+mattress&qid=1616903125&sr=8-21
The back of a JLU with subwoofer will fit a twin sized mattress perfectly. (these images are with a too tall air mattress. My 3" foam is much better.)

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 20200918_145432
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of camping with your Jeep 20200915_132351

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
First trip.
Pulled our Intech Explore about 2.5 hours with our JLU Sport Altitude. Set up in about 20 min.
Fantastic.

IMG_20210408_122338.jpg

IMG_20210409_184910__01.jpg

IMG_20210409_143321.jpg

IMG_20210409_093729.jpg