Pictures of camping with your Jeep

ML7

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. That’s what I was wondering! I bet that does keep it nice and toasty in there! I’d be afraid the heat would melt the tent haha. Very ingenious.
I did melt the floor the first time but there are vents that keep the airflow so it hasnt been a problem, the floor mat is from REI for a fire pit. It is warm like a house inside really nice.
Advertisement

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
What did you not like about Blackwoods? We stayed at Mount Desert Campground in 2019 and were looking at Blackwoods for this fall. We really liked Mount Desert Campground but they are booked for the year.
I think it just depends on what kind of vacation you want. The Bar Harbor side of the island was so busy with so many people and so much traffic. Riding around it looked to me like there were several other private campgrounds that offered more amenities and were closer to the park loop rd. Only maybe half of the sites and bathrooms in Blackwoods are open for this year. The grass needed cutting pretty badly. The site I was on was on a hill so my tent (and bed) was not level...when there were much better sites that had been roped off and were not being used because of "covid" (the hill was not visible in the pics on recreation.gov). If I stayed at a nps campground again in Acadia, I would choose Seawall Campground. It is on the quieter side of the island and closer to Seal Cove which is where the locals watch the sunset. Just my personal preference - Blackwoods gets pretty high reviews on recreation.gov.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR White | 2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I think it just depends on what kind of vacation you want. The Bar Harbor side of the island was so busy with so many people and so much traffic. Riding around it looked to me like there were several other private campgrounds that offered more amenities and were closer to the park loop rd. Only maybe half of the sites and bathrooms in Blackwoods are open for this year. The grass needed cutting pretty badly. The site I was on was on a hill so my tent (and bed) was not level...when there were much better sites that had been roped off and were not being used because of "covid" (the hill was not visible in the pics on recreation.gov). If I stayed at a nps campground again in Acadia, I would choose Seawall Campground. It is on the quieter side of the island and closer to Seal Cove which is where the locals watch the sunset. Just my personal preference - Blackwoods gets pretty high reviews on recreation.gov.
Thank you for the information, we prefer to be in the park hiking, cycling, etc. Mount Desert Campground was about 10-15 minutes from Cadillac Mountain, Park Loop Rd. When we were there in 2019, we went over to Schoodic peninsula which is not as busy as the main park.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
I did melt the floor the first time but there are vents that keep the airflow so it hasnt been a problem, the floor mat is from REI for a fire pit. It is warm like a house inside really nice.
Hmmm. You’ve given me ideas. Not so opposed to cold weather camping with this idea. Definitely will look into a setup similar
To this. Thanks!

Reactions: ML7

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Camping location no where near as nice as most of the pictures here, but we spent a long weekend in a county park campground on Lake Huron visiting some of my wife's family. Skinny sites, but at least our spot had some trees for shade. Kid #3 insisted on being part of the picture.

CjVyIm-WJrb2t0x?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

LanceMagnum

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It does not compare to many of the awesome locations I see in this thread, but we did stay on Mt. Desert Island and enjoyed Acadia for several days over the July 4th weekend. Hotels were getting $500+ a night for the few rooms available so we reserved a spot at Bass Harbor Campground - way down on the 'quiet side'.

1626099705542.png

The sites can be a little close together but that is sort of typical for many private campgrounds I've seen. Everyone respected quiet hours and we had a great time.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone but not forgotten '18 Wrangler Sahara
This past weekend
96CC1A5F-AC5A-43CE-B1BA-CAD29CC94A36.jpeg
A Blue heeler !!! So pretty :involve:

Great pictures of the Jeep/scenery but the dog caught my attention. Ours is old and not so adventurous now, but she still goes everywhere with us. They are amazing dogs and I had to comment on a gorgeous pup.

Marn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
A Blue heeler !!! So pretty :involve:

Great pictures of the Jeep/scenery but the dog caught my attention. Ours is old and not so adventurous now, but she still goes everywhere with us. They are amazing dogs and I had to comment on a gorgeous pup.
He’s about 12, coming up on 13 we think. Definitely has slowed down a lot and can’t do much hiking anymore.

He does chase his psychopathic little 2 year old red heeler sister around at home all day every day, but his hips aren’t working so good anymore :-(

9BD4DE3A-B92B-4FFD-8545-F33CF7E8E530.jpeg

Last edited:

pyrowolf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Sahara
This past weekend
96CC1A5F-AC5A-43CE-B1BA-CAD29CC94A36.jpeg
Can I ask probably a dumb question? These trailers look awesome but how in the heck do they not tip over when you crawl in your tent?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone but not forgotten '18 Wrangler Sahara
He’s about 12, coming up on 13 we think. Definitely has slowed down a lot and can’t do much hiking anymore.

He does chase his psychopathic little 2 year old red heeler sister around at home all day every day, but his hips aren’t working so good anymore :-(

9BD4DE3A-B92B-4FFD-8545-F33CF7E8E530.jpeg
Thanks for the dog photo, they're adorable Our's is about 13 too. I wish we had another one for her to play with. We have other dogs, but she's the only heeler. For now anyway. I'll definitely get another one at some point.

Marn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can I ask probably a dumb question? These trailers look awesome but how in the heck do they not tip over when you crawl in your tent?
Lol, how the heck much do you weigh that you're gonna tip over a trailer?

The trailer weighs over 650 lbs, plus the gear in it is another 400-500. Also, the ladder supports the open side of the tent, so the weight on the outside extended portion of the tent is on the ladder as well as the trailer. And the trailer has suspension which flexes the same as any trailer or car, so its not like a wheel just lifts off the ground. Given the weight, and the fact its about as wide as a CJ, I cant tip it over. With zero weight in the base of the trailer I could MAYBE stand on the outside edge of the trailer, grab ahold of the rack, and throw my weight around back and forth and eventually get it to flop over on its side on top of me, but I've never done anything that causes it to feel like thats ever going to happen.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement