Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
The tent is the Napier Sports SUV tent, not specific to the trailer. I bought it through the dealership parts department, cheaper than anywhere else for me (including Amazon).

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Acadia National Park and local camping.
I love Acadia National Park, we were just there. We had to introduce our daughter Acadia to the park she was named after.

Separately, what kind of awning is that? I am in need of a new one.

OP
OP
aml

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Separately, what kind of awning is that? I am in need of a new one.
I believe you are referring to the Rhino Rack Batwing. It can be had in a right hand (pictured) and a left hand version.

079A22C1-D290-43C9-8A23-CE3C0B043B72.jpeg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
47 years of camping. No rattling in camp area. The cot has only been used post 50 years old. Up until that time slept in bag on ground. Used a tent less than 10 times out of maybe 600 nights out over the years
Not MY experience . . . YOU SIR and MAM truly have someONE or someTHING watching over you ! :devil: / 'No Angel Face?'
Remembering my 1st under the stars camping - circa ~ 1962/63 - Montauk Point . sleeping bags for 3; me, brother and step-dude (don't ask) . I was 11-ish, bro was 12-ish . All views were so cool - the night sky clear and silent, the ocean at just the right ambience to lull me to sleep . Unfortunately the "no-see-ums" were very pesky, and bro got some insect wanting to make a home of an Ear . I've been doing the Kodiak Canvas tent thing with an ARB Cot for a few years now .
It's a great 4 season tent, but difficult for this oldie to put the very heavy frame together and set up + take down ! May move on to one of the OZ-Tents !? I'm camping "alone" now, but I'm trying to convince myself it is ok to have a Dog - I live in a one BR Apt. ! I can see a mid sized Sporting Dog in my future IF I can make a few dwelling-changes !?
HAPPY CAMPING ! :like:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deserts, mountains, and coffee

EE069EB1-A386-4AFF-B1A5-16AF9504228E.jpeg

588BC824-3B37-4532-A58E-1FCAB5C7A27A.jpeg

DC278203-929D-47A7-AA68-B02448DB39FE.jpeg
Yes Yes . . . the Coffee, Please . . . but French Press for me, I have trouble with making Good Consistent Cups via pour-over !
Plus I'd rather make ONE large Press (mine is the big Espro @ ~ 32oz) . "Mid Grade" for me, though 20 Navy years had me in the stomach ulcer category with the Super High Octane (sludge) we often had on the "mid-shitter" sonar watch !
Great Coffee starts with GOOD Fresh Beans - none of that "Folgers in your cup" crap for me ! Sorry Folgers . . . point being "that sort of stuff" ! Cheers !

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mojave road

96140DE0-CFF8-4C9A-A6C9-AF3EA854A584.jpeg
Interesting . . . a Napier tent look alike ? These 2 season tents DO serve a purpose, keeping the critters at bay, but I wonder about longevity ? I do like the addition of the rear side window (screen?) covering . Part of the tent ?
I really gotta get down to California . . . so much to see in the Mountains and Deserts ! Trail Recon & Mark Doiron YouTube Channels have peaked my interest over the years, and now that I have a trail rated WK2 . . . ! ? Possibly a 2020 JLU in the near future ! ? .

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Interesting . . . a Napier tent look alike ? These 2 season tents DO serve a purpose, keeping the critters at bay, but I wonder about longevity ? I do like the addition of the rear side window (screen?) covering . Part of the tent ?
I really gotta get down to California . . . so much to see in the Mountains and Deserts ! Trail Recon & Mark Doiron YouTube Channels have peaked my interest over the years, and now that I have a trail rated WK2 . . . ! ? Possibly a 2020 JLU in the near future ! ? .
The brand is Rightline. I’m not familiar with the Napier ones. It’s got two screens/windows, a large screen/door and then the opening for the Jeep. Which can also be closed. we only used it two nights so far so no long term info but I will say it held up to pretty heavy wind. Probably worthless in snow but I don’t plan on that use.

there’s so much to see in CA. It’s a great Jeeping place!

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
OH . . . Look Honey . . . another one of those Free Inserted ADVERTISEMENTS made to look like part of the article ! :handsinair:

When you're in the biz, all pictures are advertisements!

That one was from the first camping trip with our James Baroud RTT last year.