Sponsored

Pictures of camping with your Jeep

OM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL
How do you like the 1552 wheels? I was really close to buying them but didnt because they were out of stock for a few weeks to come.
I love them a lot they make my jeep look pretty cool, but they are very easy to scratch, the finish on them is not that durable. Other than that they are great
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Can't see any examples, so mihgt as well ask here - is a roof tent feasable for a 2 door JL?
I've been doing some research online for rooftop tents, and I like you I assume, have a 2 door jeep.

I found some sites and yes, they do make it for us 2 door jeep people. Then I came across a video and this lady was talking about rooftop tents and made some good points. The one that struck me the most and swayed our decision to NOT buy one was the fact of the constant set up and tear down if you need top use your vehicle to go anywhere. I'd you had you rooftop tent on a trailer, different story but on the vehicle, sounds like more hassle than anything. JMO....

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I've been doing some research online for rooftop tents, and I like you I assume, have a 2 door jeep.

I found some sites and yes, they do make it for us 2 door jeep people. Then I came across a video and this lady was talking about rooftop tents and made some good points. The one that struck me the most and swayed our decision to NOT buy one was the fact of the constant set up and tear down if you need top use your vehicle to go anywhere. I'd you had you rooftop tent on a trailer, different story but on the vehicle, sounds like more hassle than anything. JMO....
Many of the rooftop tents set up and set down in under five minutes. That's way faster than you can get kids or a wife, girlfriend, mistress or all of them into a Jeep.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Many of the rooftop tents set up and set down in under five minutes. That's way faster than you can get kids or a wife, girlfriend, mistress or all of them into a Jeep.
I'm sticking with the ground tent for now. Longer setup, but much lighter and keeps weight lower. My girl is heavy enough. lol

That said, I'm still looking for the right (sub $5,000) utility/camping trailer for a little 2 door. :beer:

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Lol.. yes I suppose so

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
i have camped with many and have not found this to be the case, especially if they have all the attachments. awnings, walls heck its like dismantling a small condominium

Sponsored

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
This was back in the Spring at the Coal Mountain Jeep Jamboree - was a really fun trip.

IMG_6963.jpg
How does the NoBo do behind your JLUR. Was looking at it but if I remember correctly it is over 3500#. I think the 3500# is BS, but would love to hear you experience.

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my old TJ camping. Loved that Jeep.

24F04940-66EE-4E66-BC63-E9097784AE6A.jpeg
Do those arms telescope to take the tent up and down? If so, what are they? Where can I get some?

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Like others, we do it a couple of ways depending on the situation.

My wife's preferred setup:

IMG_4394.JPG

Loaded out for a trip to the Rubicon:

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

Loaded out for running the WABDR:

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Where is this? I'm putting together a list of places to go and this has to be on it.
Pyramid Lake in Northern Nevada. You can drive right up to the water and camp out.
Sponsored