Pictures of Bestop soft top down?

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saburu, honda, Wrangler (first one)
Seriously considering removing my bikini hard top and getting a soft top (Bestop). I haven't seen many pictures of the top down on a 2 door wrangler. Anyone care to share some? I'm looking for all the way down pictures, not just freedom top off. Thanks :)
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Seriously considering removing my bikini hard top and getting a soft top (Bestop). I haven't seen many pictures of the top down on a 2 door wrangler. Anyone care to share some? I'm looking for all the way down pictures, not just freedom top off. Thanks :)
Hey @flipper,
The top that we currently offer for the 2 door JL is the Trektop. This is a very cool top because it has the fastback style and when you zip off the 3 windows you're left with a bikini that has a Sunrider feature. The Trektop does not fold all the way back though, you would need to go Mopar for that currently.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of Bestop soft top down? 1620661727899

Let me know if you have any questions!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
flipper

flipper

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saburu, honda, Wrangler (first one)
Hey @flipper,
The top that we currently offer for the 2 door JL is the Trektop. This is a very cool top because it has the fastback style and when you zip off the 3 windows you're left with a bikini that has a Sunrider feature. The Trektop does not fold all the way back though, you would need to go Mopar for that currently.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of Bestop soft top down? 5DB86359-FB94-4CD4-8345-52F2B1411E41

Let me know if you have any questions!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you!!!

Dajamcnu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Here is my JLR Trektop with windows off and sun rider open. It takes maybe 5 minutes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of Bestop soft top down? 5DB86359-FB94-4CD4-8345-52F2B1411E41
Thanks for posting this, it's nearly impossible to find a photo of a JL with the fastback top down! How do you like it, considering the section that remains over the rear seats? I want the open air feel but I definitely like the fastback look over the squared-off soft top look, also when the squared-off soft top is lowered it looks like it sticks up really high in the back, limiting visibility. I'm drawn to the one you have but wondering if I'll regret not having the top completely "off".

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Thanks for posting this, it's nearly impossible to find a photo of a JL with the fastback top down! How do you like it, considering the section that remains over the rear seats? I want the open air feel but I definitely like the fastback look over the squared-off soft top look, also when the squared-off soft top is lowered it looks like it sticks up really high in the back, limiting visibility. I'm drawn to the one you have but wondering if I'll regret not having the top completely "off".
I have one and am not crazy about it, but at least it's better than the OEM soft top 🤮

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
If the best top folded all the way down I’d look into one but as it doesn’t I’ll stick with the Mopar premium top.

I’ll admit that I don’t love how much it sits up when folded down but it’s more livable than a top that doesn’t come all the way off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of Bestop soft top down? DB58CD4A-1764-43CC-BDC2-4B01A6DDF198

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I've got the TrekTop on now for the warm months. It's been mid to upper 90s and sunny pretty much every day since and the safari/bikini top has been a godsend in keeping the sun liveable. Running half doors has changed my thinking on whether I want to reinstall my hardtop when things turn cooler. I'm just undecided if it'll be the TrekTop or tracking down a Mopar twill top that I stick with long term. The Mopar top being fully retractable and having more interior space over the TrekTop is tempting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures of Bestop soft top down? PXL_20220611_231634466

Last edited:

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone car camp/overland with a Trektop? I'm considering getting one next week but I'm worried about the loss of space. Going to try fitting all my equipment in it before buying.

I don't need to sleep in the jeep anymore so I don't need that space, but I do stack stuff in the rear.

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
For what it's worth, I was in this exact same frame of mind for a long time. From standing outside, that top section being covered always looked weird to me. However, after being IN my wife's 2-door with a Trektop, I can confidently say it makes absolutely zero difference. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say it's actually nicer to have vs. the top that retracts all the way for a couple reasons:
  1. When we take the windows out and throw the top back, we're usually doing something other than daily driving, which involves bringing more stuff than usual in the back. Having that shade over the rear kept our food and drinks cooler, and gave us a place to sit in the back if we needed to get out of the sun briefly.
  2. Obvious disclaimer that people don't buy Jeeps for aerodynamics, but not having the full top bunched up in the back actually makes the "open air" experience more full. The fully retracted top (from what I hear) has a tendency to bounce around or catch gusts of wind like a sail. It's probably not a significant enough issue to warrant choosing one top over the other, but if you're looking for reasons to not hate the Trektop, that's one thing to consider.
Hope that helps!

Sponsored

Dajamcnu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I've got the TrekTop on now for the warm months. It's been mid to upper 90s and sunny pretty much every day since and the safari/bikini top has been a godsend in keeping the sun liveable. Running half doors has changed my thinking on whether I want to reinstall my hardtop when things turn cooler. I'm just undecided if it'll be the TrekTop or tracking down a Mopar twill top that I stick with long term. The Mopar top being fully retractable and having more interior space over the TrekTop is tempting.

I'm definitely liking the half door idea. Might have to look into that.

Dajamcnu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
For what it's worth, I was in this exact same frame of mind for a long time. From standing outside, that top section being covered always looked weird to me. However, after being IN my wife's 2-door with a Trektop, I can confidently say it makes absolutely zero difference. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say it's actually nicer to have vs. the top that retracts all the way for a couple reasons:
  1. When we take the windows out and throw the top back, we're usually doing something other than daily driving, which involves bringing more stuff than usual in the back. Having that shade over the rear kept our food and drinks cooler, and gave us a place to sit in the back if we needed to get out of the sun briefly.
  2. Obvious disclaimer that people don't buy Jeeps for aerodynamics, but not having the full top bunched up in the back actually makes the "open air" experience more full. The fully retracted top (from what I hear) has a tendency to bounce around or catch gusts of wind like a sail. It's probably not a significant enough issue to warrant choosing one top over the other, but if you're looking for reasons to not hate the Trektop, that's one thing to consider.
Hope that helps!
That's great info- I think you've helped me make up my mind!

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
If the best top folded all the way down I’d look into one but as it doesn’t I’ll stick with the Mopar premium top.

I’ll admit that I don’t love how much it sits up when folded down but it’s more livable than a top that doesn’t come all the way off.
Is there ANY JL soft-top that folds all the way back?
Sponsored