First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
I can't find any pics of my first Jeep. I bought it in 1999. It was a 1997 TJ. I took it to Moab a few weeks later and rolled it over backwards. I was hooked ever since :) I've owned 8 Jeeps since then.
We need to hear the backstory on this episode.:whatsgoingon:
Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
We had just bought the Jeep a few weeks before the Jeep Safari so we went down to check it out. This would of been in 1999 before it got very popular. We were doing Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, and Poison Spider. Just as we were about to Poison Spider there's a little obstacle called "The Crotch". At least that was what I was told it was called. Being new, I took the wrong line and gave it too much gas. It rolled over so far that it hit on the hood instead of the windshield. The windshield didn't even break. Everything was mashed but with some rope and duct tape we drove it from Moab to Salt Lake City. It was pretty crazy. We were alone and were glad some nice people found us and got us back on four wheels.

I went back down 3 Jeeps later and conquered it :like:

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
The first Jeep I ever spent time in was probably a CJ-5. I was but a wee lad and don't remember exactly. This was the late '70s to early '80s riding along with my step-dad during deer hunts up in Northern CA. The Jeep was already well used at that point.

The first Jeep I bought was an '01 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ). It's a Jeep, says so on the hood! :LOL: It has 4x4 and solid axles.
How it looked when I bought it in September 2019.
Ovosjom.jpg

I installed a 3" lift, new rims and 32" tires, steel front bumper, winch, sway bar disconnects, and built a spare tire carrier.
Vmym7Mf.jpg

Now I have an '21 JLUR-XR
img_2809-2-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
Age 15. My 1998 wrangler sport.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 411737F5-880A-40B3-88C4-D074655EE3D0

Age 38: my 2021 wrangler rubicon ecodiesel!
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. E5A79767-B743-44D4-A097-EA32B26FC451

25 years and a ton of different fun cars in between and Iā€™m finally back in a badass jeep! Love this thing.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I purchased a 1999 Jeep Sahara Wrangler (while working at the GM technical center). In early 2000 I took it on a Jeep Jamboree on Drummond Island. Stock. It did well, only got stuck once, but I was hooked on all the modified Jeeps there.

Later that year I took it another Jamboree in Kentucky looking like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. old

I had "?? Manufacturing" front and rear bumpers that doubled as air tanks. Swing away tire carrier, a couple good old fashioned metal jerry cans. 33" tires (which was big at the time), 3" BDS lift, enough lights to light up a runway. :) It was great. This picture is right before I added rock rails to the sides. I have no pictures with the rails though, as shortly after I added them, the Jeep was stolen from work. I bought it in the summer of 1999, and it was gone by the winter of 2001. I had just bought a house, replaced it with a Ford Explorer.

Several years later, and midlife crisis, I dumped a Ford Flex (Which was a great vehicle) to get my 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I have a wife that is not keen on the hobby, so mods are a lot more slower this time around. It has 4 doors... I remember when the 4 door models were first introduced thinking how "That's not a jeep"... I still love the original 2 door model, but the 4 door definitely makes it easier to live with.

In fact today is its 4th birthday. Here is a picture from last week, looks just like the 1999 right?
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. Jeepin2022

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I just had to have a new Wrangler, so Young Meā„¢ purchased a 1995 YJ new in December 1994. It was sold back to Jeep ~1 year later due to intractable engine issues, but for a brief period in time it worked as it should and I really enjoyed driving it.

Here it is on my wedding day in May 1995. It remains to me the best looking stock YJ I've ever seen. (The drive from the church to the reception hall was very short, meaning the sign over the grille caused no harm.)

I still have the woman. No warranty issues with her, thankfully. šŸ˜„

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 1995 Weddin

I figured a 25 year interval should have allowed enough time for Chrysler/FCA to get their excrement together, so in Autumn 2020 I ordered and eventually received a 2021 JLU. It's been well-nigh perfect, and it's good to be back in a Wrangler again (my User Name is German for Homecoming.)

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 9th-Nov-2020

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
They are almost old enough to drink šŸ¤£

I was 14 years old, and went on an epic adventure with my uncle to North Carolina with a bunch of guys from an ā€œInternet forumā€ (what the hell even is that?)

They were set up! Some guys had onboard air and welders. I remember one dude broke an axle and within 2 hours they had it back up and running like new. No money was exchanged, just a handshake and a pat on the back, maybe a beer back at camp. It was an awesome group of men. I knew they were my people.

Group shot, I would love to see a group of CJ-8 scramblers out on the trail today.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 9th-Nov-2020

Thatā€™s me, hanging out the back

Do you remember how you got into Jeeps?
I was about 7 or 8 years old and a RAAF Brat, attending school as a student at the RAAF School in Butterworth, Malaysia. We used to be run around base in the back of the military Jeep's and I remember thinking "A car with no roof. I want one!".
Finally bought my first (they're notoriously expensive here in Australia) just this year. Well, I ordered it last year, but Juno arrived in January after a very long wait :LOL:

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I was first fascinated by WW2 history and saw Jeeps heavily featured driving through a lot of rough terrain. This got my interested. I bought a new 91 Hardbody 4x4 pickup and spent a lot of time in the dirt with it in Arizona, Nevada, and California. I bought a 79 CJ5 as a second vehicle, but only kept it a short time because I didnā€™t have secure place to park it. It only had a bikini top, but it was a V8, and I taught myself how to drive a stick with it. After the CJ5, came the D90, then the Tahoe 4x4 before my 08 pictured below. My next Jeep will be back to 2 doors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. E93B29BD-CA2D-48E2-9D30-08FD9AC7D40F
Sponsored