First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I’ve posted these before in another thread but they never get old. My 78 CJ replaced a 77 Grand Prix that couldn’t pull itself out of my driveway after the first snow that year. Took a beating and traded it the next week.
I would off road once in a while but my Jeeps were all daily drivers so beating them up was not an option. Bought my JL in November after not owning one for 5 years. Retirement present to my self. Once a “Jeeper” always a “Jeeper”.

5608636D-7478-4FA4-84BC-0D7904771DF7.jpeg

0BE0793F-8342-45AD-BC2F-CCE20DD31C60.jpeg

D470AFF8-4175-42C0-8A68-8DA8AF3E09D1.jpeg

0659EC16-23D7-4AC3-97D7-91DAA68CD10E.jpeg
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I love them SJs to this day
1648516230610.jpeg

1D351C23-E436-4369-A202-59D586F20801.jpeg
I love the old SJ's. Always have. And your Jeep is a pretty fitting tribute. I considered going in a similar direction with mine for a bit, because I will always love the look/ style of those old AMC Era Jeeps.

I think I've told the story before elsewhere- But i grew up in the 80's. I watched Monster trucks on TV, and basically any kind of off road stuff: Baja racing, stadium trucks, etc. I loved all the big boxy 4wd's mostly because Stompers and Hot Wheels I had as a kid. There were 2 4x4's in my neighborhood- a Bronco, and a CJ7, and they were always parked at eachother's houses. Total 80's style: Chrome tube bumpers, KC Daylighters w/ Smiley covers, the 3 stripe gradient, super swampers. Thinking about it now, they really weren't that impressive but when I was a toddler, they were pretty much the coolest vehicles in the world. As I got older, they went away. I still wonder about them this

I hadn't really thought too much about it until I was 14, and sat in a 97 TJ Sahara at an Auto show and realized I could reach the pedals. I thought that Jeep was the coolest: black, and with the tan/ green interior. I wanted a Jeep but probably couldn't afford one.
In 2003 my 92 Ford Explorer I bought/ earned from my Grandparents needed work: New tires, front end, etc. it needed about the same amount of work I would get from it on trade. So I started shopping. I bought my 98TJ sport. I daily drove it for the first few years. It needed new tires and wheels so i bought some 31's on American Racing D window steelies in black.

In 2005, I started building it: Armor, skids, etc. Chromoly Shafts and an EZ Locker to replace the roasted pinion bearings. 2007 I ended up with some Teraflex Springs. that thing was a nightmare to drive daily. An upper control arm bracket rusted off in 2010(ish) and that's when i went full moron and got a 3.5" Rock Krawler XFactor long arm, XFactor Steering, and Ford 8.8 Swap w/ ARB. The thing was an unstoppable beast. I loved that Jeep.

Sadly, I had to let that Jeep go. it needed more work (Frame repair, Pinon bearings) than I could put in at the current time, and I needed something more daily driver friendly (read: with AC, since I was working in an office. I traded my daily driver on my 04 Rubi and sold the 98TJ to fund the build after swapping some parts over. I wheeled my 04 Rubi until my son came along, and it started breaking down (needing replacement/ maintenance than I could afford, time wise), SO, that's when I traded on my 2019 JLUR. The rest, as they say- is History.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 3 jeeps.JPG

The beginning, with college room mates who had Jeeps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. RauschCreek1

First trip to Rausch Creek
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 116_1652.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 117_1721.JPG

The last Hurrah at Paragon Adventure Park.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 115_1539.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. JpRedacted

This Jeep even made it in a few mags: first pic is from Petersons in 2007, on a Private property run. The next one is from Jp Mag at a very notorious WMass trail from 2011

I don't have any great pics of my 04 Rubi on this comp, and if you want to see my JLUR just click my build thread.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I love the old SJ's. Always have. And your Jeep is a pretty fitting tribute. I considered going in a similar direction with mine for a bit, because I will always love the look/ style of those old AMC Era Jeeps.

I think I've told the story before elsewhere- But i grew up in the 80's. I watched Monster trucks on TV, and basically any kind of off road stuff: Baja racing, stadium trucks, etc. I loved all the big boxy 4wd's mostly because Stompers and Hot Wheels I had as a kid. There were 2 4x4's in my neighborhood- a Bronco, and a CJ7, and they were always parked at eachother's houses. Total 80's style: Chrome tube bumpers, KC Daylighters w/ Smiley covers, the 3 stripe gradient, super swampers. Thinking about it now, they really weren't that impressive but when I was a toddler, they were pretty much the coolest vehicles in the world. As I got older, they went away. I still wonder about them this

I hadn't really thought too much about it until I was 14, and sat in a 97 TJ Sahara at an Auto show and realized I could reach the pedals. I thought that Jeep was the coolest: black, and with the tan/ green interior. I wanted a Jeep but probably couldn't afford one.
In 2003 my 92 Ford Explorer I bought/ earned from my Grandparents needed work: New tires, front end, etc. it needed about the same amount of work I would get from it on trade. So I started shopping. I bought my 98TJ sport. I daily drove it for the first few years. It needed new tires and wheels so i bought some 31's on American Racing D window steelies in black.

In 2005, I started building it: Armor, skids, etc. Chromoly Shafts and an EZ Locker to replace the roasted pinion bearings. 2007 I ended up with some Teraflex Springs. that thing was a nightmare to drive daily. An upper control arm bracket rusted off in 2010(ish) and that's when i went full moron and got a 3.5" Rock Krawler XFactor long arm, XFactor Steering, and Ford 8.8 Swap w/ ARB. The thing was an unstoppable beast. I loved that Jeep.

Sadly, I had to let that Jeep go. it needed more work (Frame repair, Pinon bearings) than I could put in at the current time, and I needed something more daily driver friendly (read: with AC, since I was working in an office. I traded my daily driver on my 04 Rubi and sold the 98TJ to fund the build after swapping some parts over. I wheeled my 04 Rubi until my son came along, and it started breaking down (needing replacement/ maintenance than I could afford, time wise), SO, that's when I traded on my 2019 JLUR. The rest, as they say- is History.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. JpRedacted

The beginning, with college room mates who had Jeeps.

First trip to Rausch Creek

The last Hurrah at Paragon Adventure Park.

This Jeep even made it in a few mags: first pic is from Petersons in 2007, on a Private property run. The next one is from Jp Mag at a very notorious WMass trail from 2011

I don't have any great pics of my 04 Rubi on this comp, and if you want to see my JLUR just click my build thread.
....and a ninja turtle on the dash....gotta love it!
Great shots, and nice history there!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
October 2019 was the first Jeep Wrangler in my family, and we liked it so good we bought a 2nd one the following weekend.

Jeep #1 (Wife's original)
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. IMG_4786.JPEG

Jeep #2 (My original) (The black JL, not the yellow TJ)
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. IMG_5010.JPEG

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I have got to find a pic, I'm looking...
But, I do have a story.
Well, I looked all weekend & couldn't find a clear pic, but I know I have some somewhere. I found these on the web though. Paint it dark green & that is what our's looked like.
Wow, going to make me shed a tear or 2, such good times & good memories. Oh well, making new memories now in my 2020JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 15587137-1949-willys-jeep-std

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 15587139-1949-willys-jeep-std

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. download.jpeg-1

20200502_164302.jpg

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 7E2D612D-65CE-4BA7-8F53-53F76541649D

My dad bought a 1978 J10 because 4 year old me told him to. He bought an MJ before I started high school and I got to drive the J10 when I got my license. Loved that old truck.
Nice!
Loved those J10s, only memory I really have is a buddy of mine had one and the floor pan rusted so bad we could see the road as we drove, oh, happy times!

mellophonium

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Nice!
Loved those J10s, only memory I really have is a buddy of mine had one and the floor pan rusted so bad we could see the road as we drove, oh, happy times!
😂 There was a hole starting where the heel of my right foot rested on the floor. I don’t think I broke through it though before my dad sold it.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Great stories and pictures. I also have seen change in my lifetime in relation to the offroad community and access to land.

The cabbage patch is what we called our local mud hole. Central Florida was full of farms and fields. My first vehicle, 1969 IH Scout 800B. This got me hooked.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 1650992455464

Sponsored

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. D47C00B8-866C-4010-9159-BD95CB966EBD

My first jeep, 2001 SE. that poor jeep did more miles off road than on. Once had to punch mud out of frame with a coat hanger and compressed air for hours… to be young and dumb again… had lots of fun with that rig but it was pretty well shot before it hit 75k. That rig with 31” super swamped ltbs and no other mods was unstoppable though and cemented my life long love of Jeeps.

since this one have owned,

97’ TJ
2000 TJ
2001 XJ
1954 CJ3B
Another 01’ TJ
And now my 18 JL sport!

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 1st Jeep.JPG

My 1st Jeep, 2001 60th Anniverary Edition.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. IMG_0591.JPG

3rd Jeep 2022 Sahara...

Last edited:

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I always love seeing the soft doors in all these old pictures. Especially those with the window on the lower half. I wonder if anyone could make those for a JL. :like:

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Bestop makes soft doors for the JL. I love mine. I keep the hard doors off spring, summer, and fall so it's nice to have the soft ones that I can throw on in 5 minutes if I need them for rain.

I can't find any pics of my first Jeep. I bought it in 1999. It was a 1997 TJ. I took it to Moab a few weeks later and rolled it over backwards. I was hooked ever since :) I've owned 8 Jeeps since then.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pictures from the day I became a Jeeper. Post Yours. 20210310_110017
Sponsored