Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This pic may not look like much, but it was from an epic day on Holy Cross where it down-poured the entire day. Didn’t get many pictures as a result, but what we put our Jeeps through that day was something most vehicles don’t survive.

Then we drove them 2.5 hours back home on the highway😄

6B6DCF42-8A43-4281-AA28-2E27D20C9E82.jpeg

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I know that there are some Toyota 4runners and some other brands that get wheeled, very very rarely do you see them doing the same type of wheeling that you see Jeep wranglers doing. They are usually on trails that any SUV or even a lot of 2wd trucks could do with very little difficulty. It just seams to me, that as I have wheeled all over the US, that for every 4Runner, Tacoma, or other type of off road street legal vehicle, I will see hundreds of wrangler. Then when the trail get difficult, they are almost non existent. I am sure they are out there. Just like there are hot women that are not crazy, it just unusual to actually see them out in the wild.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This is my former Jeep, haven't done much off-roading in my Rubi since my wife had to have major surgery and traveling back and forth to my mom's.

dtown1974

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I know that there are some Toyota 4runners and some other brands that get wheeled, very very rarely do you see them doing the same type of wheeling that you see Jeep wranglers doing. They are usually on trails that any SUV or even a lot of 2wd trucks could do with very little difficulty. It just seams to me, that as I have wheeled all over the US, that for every 4Runner, Tacoma, or other type of off road street legal vehicle, I will see hundreds of wrangler. Then when the trail get difficult, they are almost non existent. I am sure they are out there. Just like there are hot women that are not crazy, it just unusual to actually see them out in the wild.
Our jeeps are like unicorns, I like it!!

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
That's cool stuff! I haven't done anything gnarly like some of these pics, but knowing I have a vehicle that is capable of doing some of these things is neat in itself. Someday.... :)

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I'm guessing you have a non Rubicon model? Nothing wrong with that if you make the right upgrades. But if you just throw on bigger tires stock and go wheeling you're gonna break stuff.
Depends how big tires you go. Every component is the same other than axles and transfer case. So yeah huge tires can ruin axles. But the sport axles can handle up to 35s.

Anyway. This is a great tread. My jeep has been through a lot of harsh offroading and it runs like new. An awesome vehicle.

Funny how all the mall crawlers bitch about how terrible and unreliable their vehicles are and offroaders praise them.

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Got my first Jeep, JLUR, in late June of this year. This was my first time ever off-roading at the trails at Vortex Springs here in NW Florida a few weeks ago. Looking forward to many more trips. Taking my boys camping next weekend up at Hurricane Lake in Blackwater; some trails there as well. We are loving the Jeep life so far.
Typical drive home from school-

4 year old son: “Papa, can we please put the tops downed-ed?”

Me: “Sorry. Not today, bud.”

4 year old son: “Why? We do it, like, all the time, everyday…”

Me: “It’s raining really bad and we’ll get soaked.”

4 year old son: “So, what!? We’re in the JEEEEEP!!!”

Me: … no arguable response …

Jeep Wrangler JL Picture thread: My Jeep Survived That..... 7E9B3143-917E-43C5-8286-4260A9FBEC1A

Jeep Wrangler JL Picture thread: My Jeep Survived That..... 0A23A69D-2381-45D5-9A0C-05FA9AF73954

Jeep Wrangler JL Picture thread: My Jeep Survived That..... B7AAC354-5425-4CCB-A469-5BEF86FB12B2

Jeep Wrangler JL Picture thread: My Jeep Survived That..... F1816F1B-7EAE-4A25-9A5D-2E92B75F0C55