Sponsored

Pics please - Mopar 2" lift with 37 in tires

CreativeName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
I have since changed over to a RK 3.5 X Factor with King adjustable shocks. Still 37 tires.
Appreciate the feedback; does an aftermarket lift effect warranty at all? i've read so many contradicting statements about this
Sponsored

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The answer is "it depends". Mopar makes a big deal out of the fact that if your purchase their lift kit that the warranty is intact on your suspension. However, we sell many brands of lift kits and the Jeep world has a high percentage of Jeeps lifted. The "it depends" part is based on your dealer, the lift installation being performed properly, and the nature of the warranty problem you are asking the dealer/Jeep to cover.

I've heard of dealers not even looking at the lift and taking care of the problem regardless and yet this and other forums are filled with owners complaining of their dealer claiming that the lift is the source of the problem and that the warranty is void. I personally think that is crappola, unless of course the lift actually was installed incorrectly or incompletely (keep in mind geometry changes on bigger lifts) and the needs for other suspension changes to deal with bigger lifts.

Sorry, there isn't a more definitive reply, but in the end many of us have lifted out Jeeps and have not had a single issue with the lift or warranty issues. Half the Jeeps that I see at my dealer are lifted and seem to get serviced just fine. I'm sure others will chime in here both agreeing that its likely not a big deal and others with a legitimate tale of woe...

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
ktrNLaZnr5OF1HtUvS75Phe8VQ25gaa48U0aBwcKnADh79kBi14DINIoDmq67m1knPQ9vcUGHBa9LYILDI=w1406-h938-no.jpg

CreativeName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
thanks so much for this detailed response. I suppose I should speak to my dealer first and see what they say about this.

CreativeName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
any rubbing at all??
Do you think that going 13.5 would cause any issues on a mopar lift?

Ideally im looking to go 2" lift as I want to continue to be able to park in underground garages and my own garage for that matter

Sponsored

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Mopar 2" lift and 37" tires and can easily get into my garage at home with 6-8 inches to spare. I'm even able to pull into the center of a two car door with the angle bracket that hangs down for the opener.

I have 37 x 12.5 so I can't comment on the 13.5's and I think the rubbing is likely to be more based on the backspace of your wheel than the width of the tire alone.

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned in a previous post, any rubbing will also have to do with what rear bumper you are running. In my case with an after market bumper not only did I remove the bumper, I removed the small piece of the bumper than filled in the gap between the rear wheel well and the bumper. Removing that opened up a lot more space where some of the YouTube videos show any rubbing. Keep in mind the rubbing was at near full articulation.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
any rubbing at all??
Do you think that going 13.5 would cause any issues on a mopar lift?

Ideally im looking to go 2" lift as I want to continue to be able to park in underground garages and my own garage for that matter
On my Jeep setup, I took off the lower rear panels on the wheel wells with a soldering gun.

I also flipped the bump stops in the rear, fronts were fine.

No rubbing.

AZ-Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Stingray Grey
Occupation
Self Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Got a 2.5 in lift and have 37's. Just took it out this weekend and it rubs in the back and that is without disconnecting the swaybar. There is a small piece I took off in the wheel well which helps but there is still a piece that rubs. If you want to go offroad I highly recommend 3.5 in lift.

IMG_6726.JPG

CreativeName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
I have a Mopar 2" lift and 37" tires and can easily get into my garage at home with 6-8 inches to spare. I'm even able to pull into the center of a two car door with the angle bracket that hangs down for the opener.

I have 37 x 12.5 so I can't comment on the 13.5's and I think the rubbing is likely to be more based on the backspace of your wheel than the width of the tire alone.
Thank you!

As I mentioned in a previous post, any rubbing will also have to do with what rear bumper you are running. In my case with an after market bumper not only did I remove the bumper, I removed the small piece of the bumper than filled in the gap between the rear wheel well and the bumper. Removing that opened up a lot more space where some of the YouTube videos show any rubbing. Keep in mind the rubbing was at near full articulation.
Jeez, lots of mods needed for this,
to be safe, its looking like a 3.5 lift, 37s, new front and back bumper $$$$ Living in Canada makes it worse, we now pay tariff on steel from the US!

Got a 2.5 in lift and have 37's. Just took it out this weekend and it rubs in the back and that is without disconnecting the swaybar. There is a small piece I took off in the wheel well which helps but there is still a piece that rubs. If you want to go offroad I highly recommend 3.5 in lift.

IMG_6726.JPG
Thank you! Yes, off-roading is a must. Sick setup though!! Looks sharp!

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_6726.JPG
Nice looking Jeep!

Do you think after market fenders or high clearance inner fenders would also solve the rubbing?

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!

Jeez, lots of mods needed for this,
to be safe, its looking like a 3.5 lift, 37s, new front and back bumper $$$$ Living in Canada makes it worse, we now pay tariff on steel from the US!

Thank you! Yes, off-roading is a must. Sick setup though!! Looks sharp!

Once you have a new rear bumper ready to install, the pieces that are part of the wheel well and attached the the rear bumper come off super easy, maybe 30 minutes for both. The rear bumper install is only semi-complicated IF 1) you have the backup sensor package and/or are wiring in new LED lights at the same time, otherwise the bumper install is straight forward.

The 37" and the lift make a big difference (positive) to the handling and appearance of the Jeep. Good luck and PM with any questions.

Bob

AZ-Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Stingray Grey
Occupation
Self Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nice looking Jeep!

Do you think after market fenders or high clearance inner fenders would also solve the rubbing?
I would think but have not seen any of them. It is only one spot in the back. If you look at your jeep you will see a bulge in the back wheel well. That is the problem area. I took the one piece off but there is still some plastic sticking out. (you can see it in the picture) I am going to take a heat gun and melt it just a little and hope that helps. I will eventually get my 3.5 in lift though.

IMG_6751.JPG

IMG_6750.JPG

t3aztec

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
May be a stupid question. But I have a JLUR, adding the mopar lift and 37s. Do you need to do anything else? Longer brake lines?, drive shaft issues? And does it affect the lockers and sway bar disconnect?
Sponsored