Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
37" KO2 with 17" Fuels on a 2" Mopar lift
I was very hesitant on the 37s with the lift due to all of the height added but my husband convinced me and I couldn't be happier. Rides really good on both pavement and dirt. I can still get it in it without steps but hoping to get rock sliders soon to help not slide out every time.

IMG_2918.JPG

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That is an awesome Jeep. I love the aggressive look of the 37's and the lift. I plan on adding Rock Slide Engineering electric drop down steps for my better half to enter the vehicle.

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
That is an awesome Jeep. I love the aggressive look of the 37's and the lift. I plan on adding Rock Slide Engineering electric drop down steps for my better half to enter the vehicle.
Thanks! I’m really on the fence with the steps. The RSE electrics look like they pop out to the side a bit much and I don’t want my unsuspecting passengers to get theirs shins taken out. So then I was thinking of the Roam or LOD rock sliders with steps built in. Cheaper but not nearly as clean looking as the RSE. I’d love to see the RSE in person.

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2015 JKUR I had the AMP Powersteps and they were very functional I did not like the look since they folded against the lower body and stuck out. Secondly, they could not be sued as rock sliders.

4wheel parts had a Jeep/Truck warehouse sale a few weeks ago in Dallas and I had the chance to see the new AMP, Rock Slide, and one other brand that I can't think of now. I saw the Rock Slide last year at SEMA and I absolutely love the look, the function as a step and a slider. It isn't going to hit anyone when it deploys watch the install videos,, they are great.

Sponsored

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
On my 2015 JKUR I had the AMP Powersteps and they were very functional I did not like the look since they folded against the lower body and stuck out. Secondly, they could not be sued as rock sliders.

4wheel parts had a Jeep/Truck warehouse sale a few weeks ago in Dallas and I had the chance to see the new AMP, Rock Slide, and one other brand that I can't think of now. I saw the Rock Slide last year at SEMA and I absolutely love the look, the function as a step and a slider. It isn't going to hit anyone when it deploys watch the install videos,, they are great.
Great, thanks for the info! I’ll check them out.

Deleted member 23191

Sahara - planning 2” mopar lift, debating between 17” vs 18” wheels (want the tire to look stocky enough, but also like the wheel itself to stand out) and then between Goodyear duratrac and BFG KO2s.
Is there truly a benefit to either combo over the other?
(Ride quality, noise, etc.) this is my daily driver so I have to keep that in mind too.

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Sahara - planning 2” mopar lift, debating between 17” vs 18” wheels (want the tire to look stocky enough, but also like the wheel itself to stand out) and then between Goodyear duratrac and BFG KO2s.
(Ride quality, noise, etc.) this is my daily driver so I have to keep that in mind too.
I have that lift on 17X9 wheels and TOYO 35s.....the ride/handling is great.

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I personally like the KO2's and so must Jeep since that is what they use stock on the Rubicon. I also think the 17's tend to ride better since they have more sidewall. Keep in mind anything 18" costs more - tires and wheels, not sure why but they do.

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubi comes stock with 33's and I planned on upgrading to 35's after a Mopar 2" lift. When I had my past JKUR, I did a Mopar 2" and added 35's. This time my adult son convinced me to go with 37's and for the first time in my life I'm glad I took one of his recommendations. I went with BFG KO2's and Rockstar 17" wheels.

IMG_0328.jpg

Sponsored

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
37’s will fit great. I love 37” TIRE’s on the JLRubicon, however I went with driveability and stayed with 35” tires this time.

Personally I wouldn’t go further than a 0 offset with a 17x9 wheel....MAX. I don’t like the tires sticking way out.
so help a person out here, are you saying a -12mm offset means the wheel sticks out more past the fenders?

With that asked, how do you know what offset you can get by with concerning not having rubbing issues on the inner fender liner or when turning with the front wheels?

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
so help a person out here, are you saying a -12mm offset means the wheel sticks out more past the fenders?

With that asked, how do you know what offset you can get by with concerning not having rubbing issues on the inner fender liner or when turning with the front wheels?
Yes. -12 sets the tires out further than a 0 offset. +12 offset is what the Mopar wheels are and what I run.

Not sure what the offsets are either positive or negative where the tires finally begin to rub.

49138658-C911-418A-8A9E-A77EDFC98C17.jpeg