Sponsored

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
A high tech, high boost, high stress, with the extra power at high RPM’s T-6 isn’t at all enticing to me! I’ll keep the lumbering V8, Thank You! 😊 Edit— Especially if it costs More!!
You don't need high revs with turbos.

But I get your point.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
You don't need high revs with turbos.

But I get your point.
Depends on the application, great in a sports car, for a big heavy Wagoneer, especially if towing you would be really working the smaller turbo engine and I would prefer a V8. I freely admit not knowing where a Wrangler would fit but I suspect a 5K lb 4dr would be closer to the Wagoneer, smaller 2dr not so much.

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
As I recall, when I ordered my JLR in March (50k) the 392 was 76k, a 26k difference ( tho I admit the JLUR is a bit more than my 2dr). If the s.o. is 2k more & the h.o. is 7k more than the standard engine, it's comparatively a bargain.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
As I recall, when I ordered my JLR in March (50k) the 392 was 76k, a 26k difference ( tho I admit the JLUR is a bit more than my 2dr). If the s.o. is 2k more & the h.o. is 7k more than the standard engine, it's comparatively a bargain.
Well, in the G Wagoneer, the HO is 2k more than the 392.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 392 price includes almost every available option except SOT, tow, trail cam, decals (XR-dual door NA when ordered) but does include lift, beadlock capable wheels, reinforced frame,water diverting hood,upgrade shocks, iron knuckles,. My 392 $77,620(inc shipping) comparably optioned diesel just under $69K(shipping ?) add the cost of a lift, wheels, frame reinforcement, hood, shocks , NA 4 Auto TC, (diesels get iron knuckles?) and the V8 wasn’t unreasonably priced. Granted— diesel is a high starting point but the only other option considered, still much closer to $7K than $26K over gas . Given the choice there are options I wouldn’t have gotten, nevertheless I don’t feel gouged for the V8. 🤔 😊

Last edited:

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392

Sounds like ass… Sucks they dropped the 6.4 in the GW. I put a deposit down for 2022 GWIII with the 6.4 but they didn’t get the order in that same day and it switched to 2023 orders overnight. Now I’m stuck with the 3.0

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line

Sounds like ass… Sucks they dropped the 6.4 in the GW. I put a deposit down for 2022 GWIII with the 6.4 but they didn’t get the order in that same day and it switched to 2023 orders overnight. Now I’m stuck with the 3.0
That exhaust note makes me sad. I think my 3.6 sounds better, not 392 better but still… Will be good opportunity for aftermarket exhaust peeps.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
That exhaust note makes me sad. I think my 3.6 sounds better, not 392 better but still… Will be good opportunity for aftermarket exhaust peeps.
Yeah the 3.6 does sound better than this. I was hoping the 3.0 would at least sound more like the older 4.0 in the TJ and XJ models.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
With the right pipes you’ll just hear the turbos. Like the ecoboost F-150’s.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
That exhaust note makes me sad. I think my 3.6 sounds better, not 392 better but still…
Possibly that exhaust note was engineered to meet the more genteel expectations of the average Grand Wagoneer buyer. Arguably, they're a separate constituency from those buyers who are willing to pay what the 392 Wrangler costs (for what it represents), and the different expectations that they likely have. E.g., it's instructive to consider that the V8 Jeep has a button that adjusts the sound of the exhaust. The same feature in a Grand Wagoneer would appear to be out of sync with its mission brief, or market segment.

Reactions: AFD

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
The exhaust note of the 3.0 I6 in the GW is probably designed to be very quiet given the target market… it’s a luxury SUV.

If it finds it’s way into the wrangler or gladiator It may sound a bit different then the GW.

Reactions: AFD

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Yeah the 3.6 does sound better than this. I was hoping the 3.0 would at least sound more like the older 4.0 in the TJ and XJ models.
The 4.0 was an old school push rod and while I love that sound (and have one) it was never going to sound like that. The hurricane is much more similar to i6 motors found in BMW’s, so as long as it sounds more like their standard turbo 6 and not the one in the m4, it should sound decent with some aftermarket help.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possibly that exhaust note was engineered to meet the more genteel expectations of the average Grand Wagoneer buyer. Arguably, they're a separate constituency from those buyers who are willing to pay what the 392 Wrangler costs (for what it represents), and the different expectations that they likely have. E.g., it's instructive to consider that the V8 Jeep has a button that adjusts the sound of the exhaust. The same feature in a Grand Wagoneer would appear to be out of sync with its mission brief, or market segment.
This constituent wishes his GC had a Loud Button. Constituents wife likes it quiet so I can’t change the exhaust! :( Edit—constituent wishes his Wrangler had an MDS disable like the GC

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
This constituent wishes his GC had a Loud Button. Constituents wife likes it quiet so I can’t change the exhaust! :(
My brother shopped for, but hasn't yet purchased, an aftermarket exhaust for his WK2 Trailhawk with the 5.7L.

Here's the one he selected for his Wish list. Having heard the demo in person, Mike, I suspect you'd really like it (if'n it would fit on your GC also.) .

Sponsored