Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My brother shopped for, but hasn't yet purchased, an aftermarket exhaust for his WK2 Trailhawk with the 5.7L.

Here's the one he selected for his Wish list. Having heard the demo in person, Mike, I suspect you'd really like it (if'n it would fit on your GC also.) .

Expensive isotropic finished 4.56’s and install kits waiting expensive professional install, expensive 35/12.50’s ordered, expensive McGard lug nuts shipped, spare relocation……, well, you get the picture— budget stretched— no GC upgrade.🙄 Edit— GC SRT and would require expensive valved exhaust to keep her happy 🙁
Sponsored

Last edited:

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Alternator not included in stand testing. Voltage is externally supplied.

To answer the question though,

6F899989-7B87-41CC-9D55-62C4FEE16888.png
*Sigh. Low and a PITA to get to in the vehicle. More susceptible to damage in water crossings too. Hope they raise it if this is engine ever comes available in the JL/JT

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
*Sigh. Low and a PITA to get to in the vehicle. More susceptible to damage in water crossings too. Hope they raise it if this is engine ever comes available in the JL/JT
I would expect that to be the case. Here’s the 3.6 in a current gen Grand Cherokee.

825CC6DA-8767-4437-A2E9-6D2C6C7E5DC7.png

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
The 392 price includes almost every available option except SOT, tow, trail cam, decals (XR-dual door NA when ordered) but does include lift, beadlock capable wheels, reinforced frame,water diverting hood,upgrade shocks, iron knuckles,. My 392 $77,620(inc shipping) comparably optioned diesel just under $69K(shipping ?) add the cost of a lift, wheels, frame reinforcement, hood, shocks , NA 4 Auto TC, (diesels get iron knuckles?) and the V8 wasn’t unreasonably priced. Granted— diesel is a high starting point but the only other option considered, still much closer to $7K than $26K over gas . Given the choice there are options I wouldn’t have gotten, nevertheless I don’t feel gouged for the V8. 🤔 😊
How you getting to $ 69 K on a diesel??
I know prices have jumped, but I ordered a fully loaded ruby 22” no SOT and msrp was just under $ 60 K
I think the 392 is priced well for all you get to be honest but if you really don’t want the V8 you can def get something close to it in terms of upgrades etc with a decent budget

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How you getting to $ 69 K on a diesel??
I know prices have jumped, but I ordered a fully loaded ruby 22” no SOT and msrp was just under $ 60 K
I think the 392 is priced well for all you get to be honest but if you really don’t want the V8 you can def get something close to it in terms of upgrades etc with a decent budget
Yep— a little under $69K with all the options included with and added ( SOT, tow) to the 392 . The only substantial options left were trail cam and tailgate reinforcement. B&P a JLURD with all the corresponding boxes checked ( there will be few unchecked) get cheaper? sure, not checking the expensive ones that are standard on the 392. Sorry— that’s what it was. 🙁 Edit— did it for you, my build for a diesel, not including $1100 beadlock capable wheels or $800 4 Auto TC NA on a diesel, $71,540 ,with the latest price increase likely not reflected on B&P yet. Also not including the cost of a lift or other 392 specific additions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Depends on the application, great in a sports car, for a big heavy Wagoneer, especially if towing you would be really working the smaller turbo engine and I would prefer a V8. I freely admit not knowing where a Wrangler would fit but I suspect a 5K lb 4dr would be closer to the Wagoneer, smaller 2dr not so much.
You still aren't getting it. I"m not talking about a 2 liter engine with a huge turbo and 30 lbs of boost making 350 hp at 7000 rpm.

I'm talking about something more moderate.

A 3.5 liter V6 with 2 small turbos can make a ton of torque and power at low rpm.

As anyone who has a Ford with the 3.5T. It pulls harder and needs to be revved less than the Coyote.

It certainly makes more torque at moderate RPM than a 5.7 Hemi.

But it is complex.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still aren't getting it. I"m not talking about a 2 liter engine with a huge turbo and 30 lbs of boost making 350 hp at 7000 rpm.

I'm talking about something more moderate.

A 3.5 liter V6 with 2 small turbos can make a ton of torque and power at low rpm.

As anyone who has a Ford with the 3.5T. It pulls harder and needs to be revved less than the Coyote.

It certainly makes more torque at moderate RPM than a 5.7 Hemi.

But it is complex.
I get it— Have had two boosted engines, a 6-71 blown 350 ~700HP , in my 63 CJ5. This was my application lesson, Way over powered it, making it almost uncontrollable when the L79 Chevy it replaced was excellent for it, (but wore out) Also a smaller low boost B&M on my 454 V-drive to make it a more powerful but still reliable ski boat, there’s your moderate ( gave it to my son for the family to enjoy) The smaller boosted engines are getting the job done at better mpg than larger NA ones so they will soon be history. The Ford example is correct “factory” , but Ford offers a warrantied Whipple supercharger for the Coyote giving it 700hp. My son’s friend has one on a lowered 4WD with street tires, quite the sleeper. This is what cheers up this old hot rodder, may my 2 392’s and V10 outlast me. Soon the end of the era for both the hot rods and us old hot rodders will be over, Yep—I get it.🥺

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Sure looks a lot better than the Bronco 2.7 Medusa.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of the new Hurricane twin-turbo I-6 engine live at Stellpower 825CC6DA-8767-4437-A2E9-6D2C6C7E5DC7
To be fair, the hurricane images do not show it with any sensors, wiring harnesses or coolant hoses at all. The 2.7 looks like it's been dropped right out of a vehicle.
That being said, Wow!

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I get it— Have had two boosted engines, a 6-71 blown 350 ~700HP , in my 63 CJ5. This was my application lesson, Way over powered it, making it almost uncontrollable when the L79 Chevy it replaced was excellent for it, (but wore out) Also a smaller low boost B&M on my 454 V-drive to make it a more powerful but still reliable ski boat, there’s your moderate ( gave it to my son for the family to enjoy) The smaller boosted engines are getting the job done at better mpg than larger NA ones so they will soon be history. The Ford example is correct “factory” , but Ford offers a warrantied Whipple supercharger for the Coyote giving it 700hp. My son’s friend has one on a lowered 4WD with street tires, quite the sleeper. This is what cheers up this old hot rodder, may my 2 392’s and V10 outlast me. Soon the end of the era for both the hot rods and us old hot rodders will be over, Yep—I get it.🥺
Your CJ5 sounds like a ball on the highway. A nightmare in the woods.

You need power so you put your foot down, and almost nothing. . . but wait . . . wait, then it comes in with more than you want. Ha.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...Ford offers a warrantied Whipple supercharger for the Coyote giving it 700hp.

My son’s friend has one on a lowered 4WD with street tires, quite the sleeper.
A lowered 4WD positively shouts massaged engine, doubly so when wearing performance radials.

Capable? Likely so. "Sleeper"? More like wide awake. ;)

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lowered 4WD positively shouts massaged engine, doubly so when wearing performance radials.

Capable? Likely so. "Sleeper"? More like wide awake. ;)
Now dead— 700hp wasn’t enough, had it tuned to over 800, haven’t heard if he has replaced the blown engine .🙄 Edit— the tune pissed off the warranty so it’s on him— you pay to play!

Last edited:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
This is the 6.7mm, the perfect middle ground between 2.0T and 392. This is amazing.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your CJ5 sounds like a ball on the highway. A nightmare in the woods.

You need power so you put your foot down, and almost nothing. . . but wait . . . wait, then it comes in with more than you want. Ha.
Instant throttle response, torqued the right wheels off the ground with moderate throttle ( a Ho Lee Sh!t moment the first time) , belonged in a 40 Willys coupe, not a 63 Willys Jeep, was sold ( with blown rear end)to a friends friend who put the blower eng in his 30’s rod, the NA small block in the Jeep making 2 good vehicles.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra

Sounds like ass… Sucks they dropped the 6.4 in the GW. I put a deposit down for 2022 GWIII with the 6.4 but they didn’t get the order in that same day and it switched to 2023 orders overnight. Now I’m stuck with the 3.0
The thing I noticed more was it sounds very quick to rev.

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
water will certainly be a problem for plastic bits.
Sponsored