Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
You people do realize that by keeping your Wrangler stock you will receive the highest dollar return on your money either in resale value, or selling it yourself. How do I know this, because a stock vehicle will always be worth more in the long run per dollar invested, that's where your value is. I know that many of you will not agree, but you are just kidding yourself.
That is probably true, and probably important to many jeepers. Personally, I offload a vehicle when it's no longer useable. I bought my JL in 2019. My last vehicle purchase before that was 1997.

When I'm done with a ride it doesnt have any resale or trade-in value to speak of, and I dont care. I got $1,000 for my '97 Ram...plus 22 years of satisfactory use.

So the ONLY thing affecting my choices is what I want on it. Thus, when I got the jeep home from the dealer, my first move was taking out the back seat, and second was giving it away. IF I ever wear out the OEM tires, I'll likely get KO2s, because they work well where I live.

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
only things I have changed:

1. Removed factory rock slider and installed LoD Destroyers because I wanted something frame mounted with an actual step so my 78 year old mother can get in and out when I need to take her to a doctor appointment.

2. Added a Warn winch to the front bumper. I am a believer of "I'd rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it".

3. Added a carrier for a 48" HiLift jack to the cargo area. The HiLift has so many uses that once again I would rather have it and never need it. Plus jack that comes with Jeep is junk in my opinion.

4. Viofo A129 front and rear dashcam. It doesn't have a battery to overheat and turn the camera off, but rather uses some kind of capacitive circuit. I had nothing but bad luck with GoPro always turning off, so dashcam (it's HD) recorded trails around Moab, UT, and Silverton, CO, on my last vacation.

I still need to figure out a better way to mount my fire extinguisher and add a GMRS radio (handheld didn't work so great in mountains) and then I will be happy with what I have.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires IMG_0009 (2).JPG

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What bumper is that and where did you order from? Been looking for that type of bumper and there are so many variants! Also, are you running factory LEDs?
Chinese bumper just like what I had on Jeepeto II, mine was an EAG from Amazon. You can use your factory fogs in the bumper

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Chinese bumper just like what I had on Jeepeto II, mine was an EAG from Amazon. You can use your factory fogs in the bumper
That's what I have found but there isn't clear info as to LED fogs are usable. Also, some say JK/JL and others are JL only. Sorry to hijack the thread! (Have been living in the Bumper thread and there are sooo many choices! )
Sponsored