Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires

cbassjeep

First Name
sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-150
Very nice. Beautiful color. Hydro I assume?

How did Gupton treat you?
Who took care of you?
Thank you!

I dealt with Walter at Gupton. I called their main phone number and discussed everything over the phone with him, got 8% under invoice. 11/10. Local dealers were MSRP

Last edited:

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Thank you!

I dealt with Walter at Gupton. I called there main phone number and discussed everything over the phone with him, got 8% under invoice. 11/10. Local dealers were MSRP
Like I said before, how are we ever gonna buy from a regular dealer again.

Walter is a good guy.

My paperwork took all of like 5 minutes, most of that was me trying to remember how to fill out a paper check, then we bullshitted for 15.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine when she was stock...

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I do love that Sarge Green. So by this post, I gather it didn't take you long to change it to your flavor?
I didn't have 100 kms on the original wheels and tires when I sold them.

20211029_131122.jpg

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I would like to see pics of peoples jeeps who run theirs stock. I plan on keeping my jeep stock with no lifts and stock tires on my rubi. I might run 35s when its time for new set but will see. I love the look of jacked up jeeps but lately im diggin the stock jeeps with pizza cutters. Maybe its an age thing.
I do plan on light off-roading, and know a stock Rubicon is very capable as is!
This is along the lines that I have been thinking. I don't plan on a lift for a while. Maybe never. I don't plan on doing heavy rock crawling though I have done some wheeling with my 2020 JLUR. I did put on some control arm lower skids and diff skids on both ends. Other than that it's pretty stock.

As you mention, I may go to 35s when the 33s need replacing. But I am thinking of just adding a bit more protection underneath rather than go the lift route. An aftermarket bumper and winch are also in my plans as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 2020_JLUR_dirty

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

This is along the lines that I have been thinking. I don't plan on a lift for a while. Maybe never. I don't plan on doing heavy rock crawling though I have done some wheeling with my 2020 JLUR. I did put on some control arm lower skids and diff skids on both ends. Other than that it's pretty stock.

As you mention, I may go to 35s when the 33s need replacing. But I am thinking of just adding a bit more protection underneath rather than go the lift route. An aftermarket bumper and winch are also in my plans as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 2020_JLUR_dirty
I felt Mopar skids a bit skimpy. Not hard core rock crawler tho mine trails can be rocky. I went w alum RH4x4, great coverage, zero mods required.

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392

I spent the day with my stock JLUR following a friend in his Gladiator that has a 4" lift and 37s, over 120 miles of back roads in UT, AZ and NV. My friend with the Gladiator said that he drug his lifted Gladiator's belly in a few places, and I lost track of how many times I drug the belly of my stock JLUR on countless rocks. This wasn't even what I would consider a rock crawling trail, but just fun technical off roading in places.

I just got underneath my JLUR tonight with a drop light to see if there was any serious damage, and there isn't. I'm pretty good at knowing where my differentials and control arm brackets are at, so none of those had a single mark on them. The highest density of scrapes, and the deepest scrapes are in the front part of the gas tank skid plate, with the second most frequently scraped area being that front cross member that doesn't have anything hooked to it (why is it even there anyway?). I was glad to see that with a little careful driving, and trying to go slow and easy in the rocky areas, that there was not one single dent, and no actual bent parts, just scrapes and scratches; lots of them.

I definitely need better skid plates, but I think the differentials and control arm brackets can wait. I'm trying to decide between the Metalcloak skids and the skids from Rusty's Off Road. The Artec skids are good also, but they require a suspension lift. Although, after today, maybe a 2 1/2" lift, AAL fender chop, and 39s would be a good idea.

Maybe we should do a different thread, where people with stock Jeeps, no lifts, no big tires can post a picture of their Jeep, but it has to be a picture of their Jeep skid plates, LOL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires JLUR Trail Ride

Last edited:

Serenity

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hi I just joined this forum but have been trying to get as much info because I want to place an order for a 2022 Sahara and got a price from Stephen's Auto Center in Danville WV but it was only at invoice. I plan on calling Gupton tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other dealers below invoice. I live in Toledo OH. WRANGLER COUNTRY!!!

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Wife’s stock 2021 EcoDiesel Rubicon, has seen a trail every week just about since taking delivery in August. Waiting for my 22 xtreme recon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 19AFF457-4E13-4555-B65B-F6DBAD852F5B
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 7B826931-3FBF-4DBB-833A-F37B6F460736
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires E48E4D5D-19EA-4C13-A549-94502FFACEFB
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 92BD0994-885A-4EB6-8032-AFA1DFA51741
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 41BCDE62-376E-496B-B9F5-82435F10C6E3
Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 4063E1BE-DA91-4DFA-9FA1-27BBBCED70A2

DusanJL

First Name
Dušan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLR, 2.0, Granite
Vehicle Showcase
Stock ( except Roof Rack ) EU Wrangler JL Rubicon with 32" / 255/75R17 BFG KO2 : No lift, small tyres.. and NO highfenders

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of stock Jeeps -- no lifts, no big tires 4063E1BE-DA91-4DFA-9FA1-27BBBCED70A2

What roof rack is that and where did you buy it? I really like it and thank to you I already know how it will look on my JLR as I have exactly the same! ;)

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
2021 Sport S, 3.6 manual trans, took ownership last week. Bone stock except for chrome mopar side steps. Can’t wait to get the roof off in the spring and run the Poconos!

2A0C1357-03AC-45C7-BC06-776BD3BCECC2.jpeg
Sponsored