Sponsored

Pics of Sport S with 285/70/17 tires on stock wheels?

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
What has everyone's experience been with the TPMS when you switched to Rubicon take offs? Any issues? Switched my wheels out this weekend and the TPMS has been wonky since.

PhotoGrid_1553007372236.jpg
No issues here. Some people keep their TPMS and sell their Rubicon wheels without them so my guess it that you don't have any TPMS sensors in your new wheels. Easy to have a tire shop scan for them. You can have them transfer the ones from your sport wheels.

ArthurMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
No issues here. Some people keep their TPMS and sell their Rubicon wheels without them so my guess it that you don't have any TPMS sensors in your new wheels. Easy to have a tire shop scan for them. You can have them transfer the ones from your sport wheels.
I was thinking the same. I bought them (5 wheels/tires) from another member of a local club. We didn't confirm or discount the presence of the sensors. His asking price made it a good deal either way. Installed them and no alerts for the first 10 miles or so. After that, got an TPMS alert, driver's side front was the only one registering. Figured, ok, the seller pulled 4 (he eliminated his spare when he upgraded) and I ended up with the the one remaining sensor on the driver front. So I swapped it with the spare (found something in the manual about the system resetting if it picked up no sensors in all 4 positions- not sure if that's true or not). Drove 50 miles or so after swapping and still registering a pressure on the driver front and nowhere else. I thought "That makes no sense, surely he didn't pull 3 sensors and leave 2", so I text the guy. He got new sensors with his new tires, so these came straight off his Jeep and went straight onto mine with the sensors still in place... He didn't represent them as "including the sensors" when he sold them to me, so he has no reason to lie about it. I've read some of the threads about keeping stock TPMS when upgrading, certain aftermarket ones working for some people and not others, even stock TPMS from original wheels/tires not working in aftermarket products. Am I missing something simple or is it just the nature of TPMS to be extremely finicky? I still have the stock ones, and could have them switched out, but would hate to do that and something still be screwy.

Vedder

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
My sport is lifted but I have 285/75/17 ridge grapplers on Rubicon wheels - I could have jumped up in size but wanted to stay narrow with the factory wheel. This set up did require a relocation bracket as my tire interefered with bumper cutout and wouldn’t allow my tailgate to close. It was very close a few washers or shim may have worked but wanted a relo bracket anyways for bigger tires down the road.

6526EAE1-855C-47B2-84EA-15B66AD0FDC3.jpeg

36E20545-E6E5-4882-BC4D-11D7262EEBD3.jpeg

BD13129A-8203-46E0-9596-7CB710D2E5BF.jpeg
How are you liking those Ridge Grapplers?

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I am getting Duratracs put on tomorrow in 285/70/17 size. Will post pics when she’s done.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Does anybody have any rubbing? My front right tire rubs a little bit when I'm in reverse, steering wheel way to the left. Reverse only.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Does anybody have any rubbing? My front right tire rubs a little bit when I'm in reverse, steering wheel way to the left. Reverse only.
None at all lock to lock and in full tuck with KO2’s.

tr0gd0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
How much do the 285/70/17 tires push against the center mount tail light? I'm deciding between 255/75/17 and 285/70/17 and would prefer to not break the center light.

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Did you have the Euro fender gaps off? I removed mine and the rubbing is all gone.
When I took them to full tuck to test for rubbing they were still on. The tolerance is TIGHT, but there’s no rubbing. I’ve since gone to a steel bumper.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So this thread is absolutely great!!! One thing I am doing as soon as I get home is removing the stupid air damn on the fenders.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So basically reading all this, are we 100% certain that a stock Moab can't take LT295/70R17? I as going to get a rubicon and do the whole bit, but blew all the money of a family vacation this summer, and am trying to get somewhere close to where i wanted on a lower budget. Was hoping to get a 33.5" on the stock Moab, add a quick disconnect.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So this thread is absolutely great!!! One thing I am doing as soon as I get home is removing the stupid air damn on the fenders.
If you're talking about what Jeep calls the "closure panels" then I'd leave them in place, or at worst just trim off the parts you need. Those panels also double as weather protection for the fog lamp housings, wiring, and bulbs. Without them, you'll be blasting your lights with road grime, mud, dirt, water, etc.
Sponsored