OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I have 33's 295/17/70 on Mammoth 17x9 wheels with the Teraflex 1.5 kit with falcon shocks (just spacers with shocks). Also just installed Teraflex track bar and the longer mopar LCA's.

I think I'm in the same boat as you with daily driver and looking better.

The wheels poke out about an inch but I like it. Could post pics tomorrow if you want.
yea man would love to see pics!!!! i want to go with the teraflex level kit too but its sold out for 2door so im trying to find something else...any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 33's 295/17/70 on Mammoth 17x9 wheels with the Teraflex 1.5 kit with falcon shocks (just spacers with shocks). Also just installed Teraflex track bar and the longer mopar LCA's.

I think I'm in the same boat as you with daily driver and looking better.

The wheels poke out about an inch but I like it. Could post pics tomorrow if you want.
how did it drive before LCA and trackbar? are they needed? also, does the kit work well enough with stock shocks?

also do you have pics of your wheel/tire combo?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Here is a side shot showing the 17 x 9 w/+1 offset wheels before the 1.5" TeraFlex spacer lift.

jl4.jpg

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
1.5" TeraFlex Spacer Lift
Tires: 285/70R17 BFG KO2's
Wheels: 17 x 9 w/ +1 offset

Jeep Wrangler JL Pics of 33s No Lift? - Sport 2dr jl4
EXACT look im going for. thanks! hows the handling with the spacers? did you buy LCAs and a trackbar?

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXACT look im going for. thanks! hows the handling with the spacers? did you buy LCAs and a trackbar?
Handles and rides same as stock. I really didn't notice any difference with spacers installed. Still using stock track bar and LCA's. 1.5" spacer puts ride height at Rubicon level. Since both sport & Rubicon use same LCA's, I did not see any reason to change. This is my daily driver with just an occasional light/easy trail use.

Check your ride height before ordering the TeraFlex kit. The 1.5" TeraFlex kit comes with a 1" front spacer and a 1.5" rear spacer. TeraFlex claims the 2 door JL sits high in the front. Mine sat perfectly level on stock suspension (2018 JL, 3.6, Auto, hardtop). I believe its the Rubicon 2 door that sits high in the front. Since TeraFlex doesn't make a 1.5" front spacer, I had to use a 1" spacer and a 1/2" spacer stacked in the front. TeraFlex informed me their spacers are stackable. This gives me a true 1.5" lift at all four corners and sits level.

Last edited:

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I have a 4 door, but i got my jeep and 5 days later I ran into an oppurtunity to get mickey thompson atz p3 305/70r17 at less than half price. Was afraid they wouldnt fit or would rub. Not a single issue on a stock Sport S JLU.

Last edited:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
So here is take off rubi wheels and suspension. All in, it’s about a 2.5 inch lift. Rides a little stiffer but still great.

D28BF1FC-96F1-49A5-BBB6-F3E74031BB37.jpeg

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Handles and rides same as stock. I really didn't notice any difference with spacers installed. Still using stock track bar and LCA's. 1.5" spacer puts ride height at Rubicon level. Since both sport & Rubicon use same LCA's, I did not see any reason to change. This is my daily driver with just an occasional light/easy trail use.

Check your ride height before ordering the TeraFlex kit. The 1.5" TeraFlex kit comes with a 1" front spacer and a 1.5" rear spacer. TeraFlex claims the 2 door JL sits high in the front. Mine sat perfectly level on stock suspension (2018 JL, 3.6, Auto, hardtop). I believe its the Rubicon 2 door that sits high in the front. Since TeraFlex doesn't make a 1.5" front spacer, I had to use a 1" spacer and a 1/2" spacer stacked in the front. TeraFlex informed me their spacers are stackable. This gives me a true 1.5" lift at all four corners and sits level.
I am having a shop order everything, if it seems off ill order another spacer - thanks! ill keep the thread updated. i have so much i want to do and not enough money!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, do you guys think a 17x8 wheel will be ok for a 285/70r17?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having a shop order everything, if it seems off ill order another spacer - thanks! ill keep the thread updated. i have so much i want to do and not enough money!
Be sure to post before and after pictures.

Have fun with your mods. Just remember, that smell of burning plastic coming from your wallet is normal. It's a Jeep thing.

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be sure to post before and after pictures.

Have fun with your mods. Just remember, that smell of burning plastic coming from your wallet is normal. It's a Jeep thing.
haha! will do. appointment set for Dec 18th

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Also, do you guys think a 17x8 wheel will be ok for a 285/70r17?
Depends on the offset, but the 8" width is fine. Keep in mind the Rubicon wheels are the same as the other JL wheels at 7.5" wide and they come w/ 285/70/17s :)

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the offset, but the 8" width is fine. Keep in mind the Rubicon wheels are the same as the other JL wheels at 7.5" wide and they come w/ 285/70/17s :)
o didnt know that!! thanks! i was getting a little nervous howd they fit becausr the wheels i liked most which i ordered are 17x8...cant wait to post my transformation pic
Sponsored