Pics of 33s and a lift

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
So question, I'm on my 3rd wrangler, 2021 Sahara Sarge 6sp, and I want to do what you did, level kit and 275-70-18 Toyo OC AT3's... Query is on the teraflex wedsite it states wheel spacers or new wheels are required which I find odd, and I don't plan on doing either of those things at this time. You didn't need wheel spacers did you? Any issues with any rubbing front or rear? Also did you add anything besides the provided longer sway bar links such as trackbar to keep geometry correct?
I had my install done at 4-Wheel parts. My friend works there and he did it. Did not need Wheel spacers at all he said. Plenty of room for tires to move. I disconnected my sway bar few times and did some moderate trails with no issues. It did not require any added trackbars or anything. They did install realigned the steering wheel and it has always driven straight and good.

A little better picture's of it below. That Tearflex kit is all you need for 33's I am not sure which one you are reading on the website. He told me that new shocks were not needed either. if you are planning on doing BIG off-road trails higher then 3 you might consider shocks. For what I was using my 2019 for it suited just what I wanted. Removed factory rake (front 2" rear 1.5") and gave jeep that more aggressive stance.

Tearflex kit.jpg

Panels off with Half-doors 3.jpg

Advertisement

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
So question, I'm on my 3rd wrangler, 2021 Sahara Sarge 6sp, and I want to do what you did, level kit and 275-70-18 Toyo OC AT3's... Query is on the teraflex wedsite it states wheel spacers or new wheels are required which I find odd, and I don't plan on doing either of those things at this time. You didn't need wheel spacers did you? Any issues with any rubbing front or rear? Also did you add anything besides the provided longer sway bar links such as trackbar to keep geometry correct?
Not sure if you saw this post but here it is if needed.
JL 4dr: 1.5” Performance Spacer Lift Kit – No Shocks
0 REVIEWS
SKU 1165200

$160.99

QTY:

up-b594fcaca829d4c629ce916d1aeec743-png.png

down-f4eabe1aaadf6a39e6ccac40b97ef36d-png.png

ADD TO CART

This item ships for free! (Continental U.S. only)

Even when reality demands that you keep your JL Wrangler Unlimited family friendly, TeraFlex will satisfy your primal need to go big. The TeraFlex JL 4dr: 1.5” Performance Spacer Lift Kit allows you to run larger tires with added clearance on the trail, all while maintaining family-friendly versatility.
This kit also corrects the factory rake to give your JL Wrangler Unlimited some attitude thanks to a more aggressive stance. Not only does the 1.5” Performance Spacer Lift Kit clear larger tires, but the additional height helps compensate for heavier aftermarket bumpers and winch, a larger spare tire, or weekend gear.
Works with stock length shock absorbers. Does NOT include shocks. We recommend Falcon Performance Shocks or TeraFlex 9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shocks. These are the only shock absorbers engineered to work with TeraFlex lift coil spring spacers to improve both compression and rebound for optimal vehicle stability. 1.5” Performance Spacer Lift Kits are offered without shock absorbers. Falcon Performance Shocks and TeraFlex 9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shocks are available separately.
INCLUDES
• 2” Lift Coil Spring Spacers – Front
• 1.5” Lift Coil Spring Spacers – Rear
• All necessary hardware

Cutterone

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I had my install done at 4-Wheel parts. My friend works there and he did it. Did not need Wheel spacers at all he said. Plenty of room for tires to move. I disconnected my sway bar few times and did some moderate trails with no issues. It did not require any added trackbars or anything. They did install realigned the steering wheel and it has always driven straight and good.

A little better picture's of it below. That Tearflex kit is all you need for 33's I am not sure which one you are reading on the website. He told me that new shocks were not needed either. if you are planning on doing BIG off-road trails higher then 3 you might consider shocks. For what I was using my 2019 for it suited just what I wanted. Removed factory rake (front 2" rear 1.5") and gave jeep that more aggressive stance.

Tearflex kit.jpg

Panels off with Half-doors 3.jpg
Thanks just what I wanted to hear. I'm going to do your exact setup once my tires run low, Ive got 275-65-18 OC AT3 right now, don't ask me why I didn't go to the 70 right away, dumb on my part . I might combine that with heavy rubi springs and either Falcon or Fox 2.0 shocks. I just did jamboree at Killington and even their 3-5 trails where far more than I was expecting, I guess I was a naïve off roading rookie! But my girl got thru like a champ, didn't get stuck or hung up but scrapped some skids good and crunched a floor board, and of course some badge of honor scuffs on the wheels! Good excuse to get a bit more clearance and better rails. Cant say enough good about the OC AT3's they never wanted for grip very impressed with them and with what a stock wrangler can do...

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks just what I wanted to hear. I'm going to do your exact setup once my tires run low, Ive got 275-65-18 OC AT3 right now, don't ask me why I didn't go to the 70 right away, dumb on my part . I might combine that with heavy rubi springs and either Falcon or Fox 2.0 shocks. I just did jamboree at Killington and even their 3-5 trails where far more than I was expecting, I guess I was a naïve off roading rookie! But my girl got thru like a champ, didn't get stuck or hung up but scrapped some skids good and crunched a floor board, and of course some badge of honor scuffs on the wheels! Good excuse to get a bit more clearance and better rails. Cant say enough good about the OC AT3's they never wanted for grip very impressed with them and with what a stock wrangler can do...

That's great. My bucket list plans with my Rubi is BOH trails. The wife took over my Sahara so when I retired early I got my Rubi. ;)

I just googled Killington, that looks awesome. Texas is kind of Trail Landlocked. We have few small off-road parks to use but that's it. There is only one that has BOH trail that I can see on the Jeep Badge Of Honor App.

Take Care and enjoy!!!! :rock::jk:

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement